**OFFICIAL MJ'S EARNING THEIR KEEP THREAD**

Jeepcom23

16 hours ago, Ωhm said:

Remember wood heats you twice, when you cut it and when you burn it.

You darn right!

This was last night.  My wife just came off a long work day so I promised to take her in town for a nice restaurant dinner if she allowed me to grab some firewood on the way first.  

Check out how "Warrior" is squatting.  I was a bit nervous, as I have only one stock rear axle bumper on the frame.  I babied her the whole drive.   New axle bumpers are on order. 

Very cold evening, but I warmed up pretty quick as I unloaded this beast in the dark.  I felt too badly to leave her loaded with this heavy Ash all night. 

5a34021a56484_Joy(1024x768).thumb.jpg.71a53bb8fd0c647d6d2bc83672db3920.jpg

On 12/14/2017 at 7:11 PM, Ωhm said:

Remember wood heats you twice, when you cut it and when you burn it.

And that's using a hydraulic splitter. Imagine the sweat you'd work up splitting all that with a maul, wedges and a sledge. Been there, done that. Character building work at it's finest. 

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this thread from 23 pages deep to post up more pics of hauling firewood. 

image.jpeg.9abcdc7b2d6eb29750760154871c04a6.jpeg

image.jpeg.b3dadcd246a877d5f509cd868e4541ab.jpeg

That much was noticeable behind the 2.5, but it definiely wasn't struggling. No idea how much weight it was... I was well into the overloads but nowhere close to the bump stops. 

image.jpeg.de066888b3c7795e08ef6dca9d8c47c5.jpeg

I couldn't help but think about how this compares to what you'd be able to get into a JT Gladiator. It would likely handle the weight just as well as my 28-year-old springs, but a five-foot bed... I doubt the volume is there. Definitely not compared to a LWB MJ. And I'm also confident a JT wouldn't have made it so nicely around the corner into my back yard to unload at my woodshed. 

image.jpeg.1f56a02602ebbed9859950376711610f.jpeg

I unfortunately don't have a fancy hydraulic splitter so I guess you could say I've got my work... chopped out for me. 

The ol' girl saved me from having to rent A Uhaul when my wife and I moved into our house. With the tractor supply co trailer I rented for 25$ it took one trip for all of my stuff and one trip for my wife's stuff. My Jeep handled the miles on the interstate no problem!

IMG_20190207_122016.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...