**OFFICIAL MJ'S EARNING THEIR KEEP THREAD**

Jeepcom23

One Pallet of sod...they said i needed a full sized truck to handle the 2000lbs load! The Comanche just laughed the whole 15 miles back! jamminz.gif

I did 3/4 pallet of sod this spring, and had 15 rutted highway miles. It was swaying bad on the tired factory 2WD suspension setup. Ended up taking the back roads to keep it under 35 since it made me more than just a little nervous. Sod sucks to load and unload, and even more so when a canopy is on the bed.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really have pics of it working, but here's some of what it has hauled...

all of this

recently, all of this.

Also both axles, trans, engine and transfer case, from an FSJ

bark mulch, leaves, lawnmowers

That thing is a work horse....2.5l, 5 spd too. I do have to downshift on hills with a load, but it gets me & the load there every time, could'nt live without it!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Brought the GF to work the other morning in the freak April snowstorm we got the other day. I ended up with about 10 inches at my house after it was all said and done.

And when I got home...fired up the plowtruck and plowed the whole neigborhood.

I am still computer challenged -I know it's 2012!- but I need to post pics of my little red truck. I bought it to replace my full size dodge van and it only occasionally leaves me needing more cargo room. I scored a $20 CL camper top and a free HD full size rack and made both fit . My truck carries all of my tools and loads of material. She's not 4wd and she's got the crappy Peugot 5 speed and dana 35 but so far all is holding up well. My truck is 100% rust free. I've gotten more ambitious lately and am gaining some mechanical confidence. You see I am a cabinet maker but mechanical ability has always eluded me. I have taken the molding off the drivers side of the cab and done a quick palm sander and spray can job. The paint on the old girl is hurtin for certain but I'm determined to give her a facelift myself. The hood and roof look like a golf ball thanks to a good ol Texas hail storm but the entire rest of the truck has 3 very small dents body wise. In my dreams, she'd be white instead of red-4wd, moderately lifted with a newer tranny and dana 44 in the rear. The most immediate projects on the list of to dos are a class 3 hitch and new injectors. I really appreciate this sight and all the info I have been able to aquire about my little red truck.-thank you all! :cheers:

I am still computer challenged -I know it's 2012!- but I need to post pics of my little red truck. I bought it to replace my full size dodge van and it only occasionally leaves me needing more cargo room. I scored a $20 CL camper top and a free HD full size rack and made both fit . My truck carries all of my tools and loads of material. She's not 4wd and she's got the crappy Peugot 5 speed and dana 35 but so far all is holding up well. My truck is 100% rust free. I've gotten more ambitious lately and am gaining some mechanical confidence. You see I am a cabinet maker but mechanical ability has always eluded me. I have taken the molding off the drivers side of the cab and done a quick palm sander and spray can job. The paint on the old girl is hurtin for certain but I'm determined to give her a facelift myself. The hood and roof look like a golf ball thanks to a good ol Texas hail storm but the entire rest of the truck has 3 very small dents body wise. In my dreams, she'd be white instead of red-4wd, moderately lifted with a newer tranny and dana 44 in the rear. The most immediate projects on the list of to dos are a class 3 hitch and new injectors. I really appreciate this sight and all the info I have been able to aquire about my little red truck.-thank you all! :cheers:

Sounds like you got a plan, welcome to CC! Also the Puke-Goat and D35 ain't all that bad if you don't abuse her.

• 2 weeks later...

Clearing rubble out of my Bro-in-laws back yard to make room for the new Deck

485851_361041190624021_100001544302868_953738_2020924118_n.jpg

That load was 2280 lbs of jack hammered concrete dirt and gravel!!

Definitely earned its keep that day, this was only the first of two loads.

• 2 weeks later...