Jump to content

neohic

Moderators
  • Posts

    5330
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by neohic

  1. The first cut is the hardest!
  2. Thanks, guys! Very pleased with it.
  3. I love it! The drawer pulls are all recycled leather. WAY more space in the house now! Keep in mind, in 478 square feet, every inch counts.
  4. It was cloudy and cool the last few days. First dusting of the season on Pikes Peak.
  5. Your boat picture doesn’t load for me, but I grabbed one also. … but I don’t have a picture of my truck in the woods so that challenge stands.
  6. Right? Central Colorado is also tough to see boats but I saw one for sale this morning. Probably drive the truck to work just to snap a picture!
  7. https://www.motortrend.com/news/dirt-every-day-suzuki-samurai-rock-crawler
  8. Hell yeah! What’s the plan?
  9. Two coats of poly on the backsides of the drawer fronts today. I also cut off and reworked the mounts on the old headboard. Last thing that got done was stapling some felt on the bottom of the face frames. I can always tell when I’m close to getting done with a project when the ENTIRE SHOP is full of parts.
  10. Second coat of poly went on the face frames and drawer boxes. I got started on assembling the drawer fronts also. Everything lines up as they should. Probably finishing up next weekend!
  11. Dang! Those hard lines look great!! As always, thanks for the update. The truck looks amazing.
  12. Started on finishing and dug out some old ceiling tiles I’ve had since being in Minnesota. Going to use them for panels in the drawer fronts. I also got creative with the drawer bottoms. Moving along.
  13. Didn’t get all too far on the platform bed this weekend with my surprise Eliminator project and running errands this morning. I did get the drawer slides in so I could get some hard measurements on the drawer boxes. The boxes are just 1/2” plywood. No jazzed up dovetail joints either. I’m only getting as fancy as my table saw lets me.
  14. Oops. I heard a bang the other day with some… let’s call it… “spirited” driving and cornering. At first I thought, “welp… there went the Dana 35!” Yes, it was loud enough that I actually thought I broke an axle shaft! Then reality hit and I realized that the wheel and hub weren’t leaving the chat. I broke a sway bar link. I blame myself too since I was questioning using 3/8” hardware in the first place. Only one side broke, but the other side was bent. Time to rebuild with 1/2”! All good again… probably.
  15. neohic

    1JTMG64PXJT187673

    Dang! That is sharp.
  16. I can understand how much of a pain they are to fit, but I love how integrated and finished those sliders/rockers are.
  17. I’m going with soft close side mount slides. I like them better than under mounts just because there’s less parts involved.
  18. Inner structure is done. Drawer slides are in order.
  19. Creepin’ the lumber yard today.
  20. Started on a platform bed today out of some junk pine boards. It’ll have seven drawers total. The three exposed sides are face frame construction and the inner structure will just be plywood. Gonna have plenty of storage!
×
×
  • Create New...