**OFFICIAL MJ'S EARNING THEIR KEEP THREAD**

Jeepcom23

Used some harbor freight ratchet straps spanning the trees and hauled the '99 4.0 to it's new owner along with my cherry picker.   The cherry picker weighs way too much for one person to lift, as it is it's in about 10 pieces.  I guess I could have used it to put the motor in and the straps and electric hoist to put the cherry in, but this way seemed much safer for my truck.

9027618241_704390606e.jpg

9027618301_b8526bab82.jpg

9027618375_bbecbfd1a1.jpg

9027618565_6955238f7d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

does anyone hear banjos?? :rotf:

BANJOS?

Get a dual track tape recorder. Run the banjo thru first'

Get a guitar.

Start the recorder and tape the second track.

Voila. Your now playin 'Dualin' Banjos' by yourself.

Is this a young Jim?

Rob

Sorry for taking so long to answer. Apparently missed it. And yes it is. A much younger Jim. Thule, Greenland. 1972. A week after this pic was taken I was on my way to Tel Aviv for an assignment in the Sinai Desert. Went from -64 * to + 117* in less than 24 hours.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About to unload a couple days worth of tree and shrub trimming.......

One of the older guys working there walked over from the front end loader he was operating to check out the truck and trailer.  "You don't see these often.  Great little workhorses those trucks are."

Indeed.  :thumbsup:

This week my '88 pulled and hauled 2700 lbs. dirt/rubble (Monday), 2500 lbs. buckshot rock (Tuesday), and 3000 lbs. concrete mix (Wednesday). The truck pulls great! Doesn't even know when it has a load behind it. When it comes time to stop... that's another story. Needs some brake upgrades!!!

936537_457162117715990_730987445_n.jpg

• 2 months later...

Half yard of gravel (paver base) = 1300-1500lbs.  Engine didn't even notice, stock brakes were surprisingly ok.  

Wish I had a Metric Ton, could have used another quarter yard.  The half yard cost $20 from the stone place, needed more after they closed so had to buy 12 bags from Home Depot for $40 (2X the money for maybe 1/4 the material - thats what you pay for convenience)

Loaded

Unloaded

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Two ripper blades for the frame rails and 7 zip discs, local hardware store had a sale on zip discs.

The wife needed it gone for her Easter egg hunt for the kids. And the local scrap haulers couldn't help for another week.

Still put $75 extra in pocket, so not too bad I guess. It was harder to cut the nose off than section the main body (that was surprisingly easy if you know where to cut).