• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

IMAG0463.jpg.ceeaabdf06146aec75de6abb2d577be9.jpg

IMAG0460.jpg.853a684fbd7eff7c38ea779c89cd176d.jpg

IMAG0458.jpg.b38b57fd16f45f617775f8f059ac0e9e.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg.82d8223f208bfcfcac49bc69b779bf55.jpg

Took these pictures 2 years ago.  Couple of cars dumped in the creek out on the family farm.  Not really sure who put them there or when but they've been there quite a long time as they are mostly buried now.   

I was able to track down what they were at the time but can't remember right now.   I think the white one sitting upright on the bottom is a Ford Fairlane, the top one I can't remember at all.  Really should go get some better pictures from the opposite side of the creek since there aren't leaves in the way right now.  Would love to drag them out just for fun and yard ornaments but they are too far buried in the embankment and hard to get to.

• 2 weeks later...

Been trying to snap a pic of this guy for YEARS!  This is on the Jungle Cruise in Disney World and normally it is very dark in the cave section and the animals inside are dimly lit and the boat is in constant motion (and you have to be seated on the port side) and that all equates to blurry images.  but this time it was at night and the boats are equipped with their own outward projecting lights and the driver failed to turn them off for the cave! :D   had to time it juuuuust right for when the spotlight hits the big cat and bammo, lifelong dream achieved.  :banana: 

IMG_2557.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, since we don't have a stickied wheeling/offroad page i guess i just plop this here.

Finally finally got a bit of rain here in S FL, so i thought i would check out the local mud hole. Buddy of mine said some guy was stuck in a ford out in the middle.

By the time I got to him he had already been stuck for about an hour. It was just me in my 00 tundra and him. A few other people had tried to get him out but were unsuccessful and left to get more straps/shovels/trucks.

To the untrained eye it doesnt look so bad, but it took 3 hours of constant digging, pulling and highlift jacking to get him out.

Yes, his 4x4 worked and was engaged. 

Yes the truck ran/was running. 

Yes he had mud tires, about 30% tread left.

He was sitting 100% on the body/frame.

Its hard to tell, but whatever you can't see of the tires was sunk that far into the mud/sand and the suction hold it had on his truck was d**n near supernatural. 

Its a popular spot so as we worked to get him out more and more trucks showed up, thankfully, to watch/help. Turned into quite the operation. 

20200406_181827.jpg

20200406_185622.jpg

The white ford is a 350, with lockers front/rear, hooked to the jeep pulling together, albeit slow, didnt even budge him.

20200406_181811.jpg

After 3 hrs everyone just said f**k it, through carefuling to the wind and let the big ford hookup and launch.

3x 15/20mph snatchs later and out he came no worse for wear.

Sorry no unstuck shots.

Its gonna be hilarious when the rains really come and cover this whole area. These holes will devour anyone not in the know.

6 hours ago, ftpiercecracker1 said:

Its gonna be hilarious when the rains really come and cover this whole area. These holes will devour anyone not in the know.

gotta look before you leap!  :D