Post A New Picture You Took Thread!

Jeepcom23

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When your good buddy calls you up and says, "hey, wanna go shoot my .357 S&W 686+ tomorrow?", the only answer is yes.  What a beautiful pistol.  But at $1 per round (and that was range ammo at that....), not very inexpensive.  But absolutely wonderful to shoot.  I had never even picked it up before yesterday, and the first 7 out of the box for me were all 9/10 (at 10 yards).  We blew off half the box, then switched back to our 9's for the rest of the time.

I'm going down to my local gun shop after work today to see if they have any 686's in stock.  Might just have to put one one the lay-o-way and pay it off over a couple months.  I have a sudden need for one in my life.

They also had a S&W 460 mag AND a 500 for sale there in their used case.  I told my wife either one would look good wrapped up for a birthday present for me, lol.:brows:  She did not find any humor in that.

20220130_134051.jpg

20220130_134332.jpg

20220130_141802.jpg

I have one, in .22LR flavor.  It's great fun (I bought it to keep in practice until the price of bigger ammo comes back down from the stratosphere, if ever, plus we have a TON of .22 ammo in the closet).  My brother has a .38 wheel gun, snub nose.  It is an absolute wretched gun to shoot.  LOL.  This 357 was/is so incredibly balanced, it actually had less kickback than my 9mm.  It's just a dead sexy pistol.  It's a "+" model (not sure of manufacture date), which means it holds an extra cartridge in the wheel.  And it's all stainless steel except for the grips.  (A 586 is the same gun, just in a blued finish, FYI).

Do you shoot now Jesse?  With a handle like JJ, it's almost assumed....:laugh:

Just like Jeeping, it can be as cheap (but still safe) or as expensive as you want it to be.

I've got lots of different toys, built up over several years, but none of what I own is what you'd consider "top shelf" stuff.  I prefer function over form (after all, just like a Jeep).  Like I said, I've taken to shooting .22LR much more lately than anything else I or my wife owns.  For me it's cheap (been stockpiling ammo for the last 10 years or so), and it keeps me in practice, so when I DO shoot the big boomy stuff, I'm not wasting ammo.  I've got a pistol, a semi-auto rifle with scope, and my wife's AR with a red dot, all in .22  That scratches my itch most times at the range, along with my 9mm (EDC).

Have fun, and practice...practice....practice.:L:

5 hours ago, mjeff87 said:

When your good buddy calls you up and says, "hey, wanna go shoot my .357 S&W 686+ tomorrow?", the only answer is yes.  What a beautiful pistol.  But at $1 per round (and that was range ammo at that....), not very inexpensive.  But absolutely wonderful to shoot.  I had never even picked it up before yesterday, and the first 7 out of the box for me were all 9/10 (at 10 yards).  We blew off half the box, then switched back to our 9's for the rest of the time.

I'm going down to my local gun shop after work today to see if they have any 686's in stock.  Might just have to put one one the lay-o-way and pay it off over a couple months.  I have a sudden need for one in my life.

They also had a S&W 460 mag AND a 500 for sale there in their used case.  I told my wife either one would look good wrapped up for a birthday present for me, lol.:brows:  She did not find any humor in that.

20220130_134051.jpg

20220130_134332.jpg

20220130_141802.jpg

Some toy 22lr from Ruger and a few hand cannons from S&W. One Bond Arms Derringer I’m guessing, a North American Arms 22 revolver and a Ruger Old Army black powder revolver.

I like revolvers also. I have several.

5 hours ago, mjeff87 said:

Do you shoot now Jesse?  With a handle like JJ, it's almost assumed....:laugh:

Just like Jeeping, it can be as cheap (but still safe) or as expensive as you want it to be.

I've got lots of different toys, built up over several years, but none of what I own is what you'd consider "top shelf" stuff.  I prefer function over form (after all, just like a Jeep).  Like I said, I've taken to shooting .22LR much more lately than anything else I or my wife owns.  For me it's cheap (been stockpiling ammo for the last 10 years or so), and it keeps me in practice, so when I DO shoot the big boomy stuff, I'm not wasting ammo.  I've got a pistol, a semi-auto rifle with scope, and my wife's AR with a red dot, all in .22  That scratches my itch most times at the range, along with my 9mm (EDC).

Have fun, and practice...practice....practice.:L:

I don't actually atm mostly just to young. It just seems like another thing to nerd out on and do. 

• 2 months later...

I was taking some pictures in preparation for selling my car before I move. This new S22 that I bought takes really good pictures on 3x zoom, better quality than 1x if you can keep the phone still. I had an S8 for 5-6 years so this new phone is lightyears ahead.

20220402_150617.jpg.d4fe04129809393ec15cf13f5829eaa5.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I bought an '88 Cutlass Supreme.

I used to have an '87.  Nostalgia hit me.  And I wanted something fun to drive for the summer, given that my Comanche won't likely get to that point with all the other things I've had going on.  Originally I was eyeing up a '72 Buick Riviera, but it was $5000 more and turned out to be quite the bondo princess, then I got sad and impulse bought this instead.

Plan is to do as little to it as possible.  It needs some interior pieces put back in, the rear window sealed, some trim put back on, new wiper blades, and the oil changed.

It looks way better in pictures than it actually is.  Drives nice though.

20220523_200406.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...