Gas prices

MiNi Beast

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: 

it's complicated.  stations can charge as much or as little as they want and so competition amongst themselves tends to be the big driving factor in those last 20-30 cents.  in town around here is always cheaper than the boonie stations.  there's just more competition in town.  but there's mroe to location than that.  if you drive to one of the more pricey neighborhoods near atlanta, the price goes up.  then drive a few miles to a less-well-off neighbor hood and the price comes down.  it's complicated.

• 6 months later...

Just got gas. Gross. This is getting real close to the most I’ve ever paid for fuel, and this is my gas station at home, not some sketchy backwoods boat dock in rural Oregon where I was getting some crazy high-octane boat fuel. 3B344651-D9A8-4F54-8EF6-95399EB7FDDD.jpeg.e2f63e49ed429ad25fa03b5a8596546b.jpeg

Since I have started driving, gas is the highest that it has ever been. (I've been driving since '20 though, so not much comparison). We are somewhere around $3.45/gallon for 87 in SW WI

Mobile down the road from my house, which actually has fair prices is 3.99 for 87 and I just paid 4.59!!! A gallon for diesel!!! :grrrrrr:

In Massachusetts by the way

Found a station About 20 minutes out that was 3.89 for diesel on Tuesday. But God only knows how much that's jumped up since then.

Filed up at Costco the other day for $3.67 for 91. Regular is about $3.30ish. I need to go to my office next week in the mountains and I know it's going to be around $4/gallon+. In laws just returned from Australia and it was $13 a gallon, filled up my brother in laws FJ cruiser and was almost $200 USD! 

37 minutes ago, DirtyComanche said:

2.009 spotted in Vancouver today.

That's $7.59 a gallon.

I paid 1.749 to fill up when I left work.  $6.61 a gallon.

I'm half expecting it to hit that here this summer. Going to have to go tune up my bike... I don't really see it coming back down from this level much either, unfortunately.

11 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

I'm half expecting it to hit that here this summer. Going to have to go tune up my bike... I don't really see it coming back down from this level much either, unfortunately.

It won't come back down any time soon.  There won't be any tax relief, and the supply/demand situation indicates that it should only get worse for the next year.

Filled up the Focus at the Murphy's (outside the Walmarts) yesterday at $3.75/g for 87.  Literally everywhere else is $3.99.

The KJ is not coming out to play.:sad:

edit:  wife just texted me and said the Wawa on her way to work is now $4.15.......