-
Posts
1445 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by Smokeyyank
-
Project 3rd Time is the Charm
Smokeyyank replied to 89eliminator's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
Nice, glad it's ripping around. -
Got a lot done this weekend. Started to finish up the passenger side rocker. Now that I know what I should be doing took a lot less time and guess work. First need to do the cut and fold for the rear More hammering and some additional cutting. Found some bondo on the rear arch but nothing major. Few more little tweaks and then clean it up, weld it and seal it. Then started to fit the rear portion. Then chopped off the rear control arms mounts and clearing up the area where the rear stiffners will go. Have to cut out the rust area from the coil perch. Will just clean it up and use the stiffener as the new patch piece. Have brand new adjustable buckets for the rear going in too. Also got a new aux cooler for the tranny. Picked up a derlae 13750 for a killer deal. Have a few thoughts on mounting location but will see as I get some more things buttoned up. I'm also going to need another cooler for the power steering system. More than likely going with a single pass heat sink style.
-
Moved on to the passenger side. Got the front done. Need to cut and fold the rear fender to get that side done. Fn PITA but since I knew what to do taking a lot less time. The pinch seam piece and the area at the firewall are hell. Just tedious to get in there with proper tools to cut it out. Still got a ways to go but its awesome seeing it all come together.
-
Cool, thanks. Ill try and clean them out again.
-
Random question, I'm having issues with my turntable speed. Either not staying steady with speed or when its turned on nothing happening? I had cleaned it out when I got it and used some deoxit and fader lube. Was fine for past few years but acting up latley. Anyone with some more knowledge got insight? Do I need to clean it all again?
-
Been a while but today is a sad day. This absolute legend of hops and barley is no more. Thought I had a few more weeks but nope, It gone. My final can was glorious. Story goes, I picked this up on a whim a while ago and never looked back. Saw and figured hell for 13 bucks for a 12 pack how bad can it be? I mean its kirkland? Granted last kirkland beers have been blah. We'll it was so bad that I haven't stopped buying it because its so frucking good. Hence why I haven't really posted new beer, and I forgot Anywho guess I need to get back on rotation, but that'll be after Oktoberfest! Prost!
-
Can't argue with the final product looks great but good gosh is it a ton to get there.
-
Man I was ready to play the other day and my dumbass completely forgot in the midst of errands......
-
Didn't get a lot of free time this weekend but managed to start burning in one side. Few more little areas to weld on then put the outer cap on and move on to passenger.
-
Thank you! Ten years to create the great wall of Chico!
-
Project “Tomahawk”
Smokeyyank replied to ghetdjc320's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
Appreciate the info. Never really used that stuff before so interesting to see it all. Smart thinking with the fader as the sub control. I find myself using that more in my setup than the volume. One song aounds great next, like wth. Doesn't help most music I listen too sounds like it was recorded by a racoon in a dumpster using a single along cassette player. -
Project “Tomahawk”
Smokeyyank replied to ghetdjc320's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
Sexy! That dash and gauge cluster...... Is the amp mounted in the center console? In regards to the deck and sound quality how did you configure all of that? Can't imagine stock jeep audio components areup to task. Little out of my element but I remember things like pre amp output, filters, etc for a high quality deck and amp set up? -
Project “Tomahawk”
Smokeyyank replied to ghetdjc320's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
Sweet! How does it sound in comparison? -
Finally got some time to get back in the garage after summer stuff. Still needing to get the rockers done. They are a royal PITA but I've been going slow to not have hack job. Got the front piece cut out and mocked up. Instructions from IRO are non existent so lots of test fitting, fix something and over and over again. Looks like there is a masive gap but It needs to be pushed further up and there's also the cap that goes over it. Then got the rear This B pilar sections was a bear, could not get it to fit the way it was supposed to so took the BFG and angle grinder to make it fit. IRO is saying you're supposed to weld the pilar to the back but there was no way in hell it would work. Then final mock up before I burn in the gussets.
-
I've used a guy named Kolak (handle) real name is Nick) to get parts for my WJ and MJ. He's a vendor on jeepforum. Super knowledgeable with jeeps and gets some great prices. He has access to a ton of vendors. Maybe reach to him and see. Seems janky but send him a email and he'll reach out. kolak@aol.com
-
Kohmanche 4600 build
Smokeyyank replied to Kohmanche's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
Sweet, thank you for the info. I already have the trail tamper bump stops and the cans. Running TJ metalcloack coils. So may take you up on those. I'll send you a PM. -
Kohmanche 4600 build
Smokeyyank replied to Kohmanche's topic in MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
Checked out the irate thread, awesome work. Out of curiosity can I get some info on your retainer spring set up? Have a very similar want for my WJ and trying to get some more info. This is what I'm trying to build for my WJ. Company that made them is not longer around. -
Engine Cooling - Master Thread
Smokeyyank replied to ghetdjc320's topic in MJ Tech: Modification and Repairs
On the topic of upgrades one that I had thought of was using a misting type of system in front of the radiator using washer fluid. Thought was similar to a swamp cooler and using water evaporation to help cool. Basically using some small misters to blast the radiator then rest of the system does it work. -
Got to see the legendary Shonen knife last night. Played a killer set, first half was their Ramones covers Then came out and played bunch of their other stuff. Crazy range of songs from super poppy to melodic to rock but a ton of fun and chicks can shred.
-
Running power to the amp doesn't require the dash being removed, but your deck has to come out and you have to wiggle all over to run the new wires to connect stuff for the amp. This is also all pending your deck can support an amp too. If you don't have RCA outs your limited You need a install kit like this to start. Bare minimum you need power wire, ground wire, amp turn on wire and RCAs. https://www.knukonceptz.com/product/kca-complete-8-gauge-amplifier-installation-kit/ You just need to run the power wire through the firewall. Either poke it through a hole there or a new one with a grommet. Then from your deck you need to run the RCAs back to the amp along with the turn on wire. This is where you might need to pull some carpet and trim to hide the wires. You ground the amp close to it. Then run all your speaker wire from the amp to the speakers. In regards to a sub, personal preference on what you listen to. I run a 8". Most times It's turned to barley on but I like how it rounds out the system.
