CC Handles

beaterjeep

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 years later...

From the thread title, I thought you meant CB handles....mine was Crumbs back in the day.  I have one older brother whose handle was Crackers, and me being the little brother ended up with that, lol.

Screen name, mjeff87.  My name is Jeff, and I (used to:sad:) own an MJ, of 1987 vintage.

Mine is from a 1980 movie starring Jeff Bridges and Bianca Jagger titled "The American Success Company".  It wasn't a terribly popular movie, but I liked it.  At the opening credits, they abbreviated the movie title to fit it onto a credit card.  The plot in a nutshell is that the main character can't get any respect at home or work until he takes on an alternate persona.

8 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

526 is my old troop number. Still active too, just haven't agreed with the BSA in the past year.

I am in Troop 91 out of Holmen WI. I have been working on my Eagle project. I assume you don’t agree with the whole girls thing?

I've gone by this name for so long I don't even remember why I picked it. Google tells me it is French for "midnight" and also the name of a Dutch guy who ran a colony in America in the early 1600s. I don't speak any French but I was a big history nerd as a kid, so it's probably the latter.

2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

I am in Troop 91 out of Holmen WI. I have been working on my Eagle project. I assume you don’t agree with the whole girls thing?

You are correct to assume that. I think that one bugs me the most. At first the LDS troops used to bug me with their laziness of not wearing a full class A and wearing suits to their Eagle BORs. I think there might be a few other rule changes aside from the girls that bugs me but I don’t remember them right now. 

By the way, how goes your project?

35 minutes ago, derf said:

I got mine in college.  I was in a fraternity.  Alcohol was involved.  For the rest of the story I plead the fifth.

Don't leave out the good part.  What does it mean?  Bold or daring per Merriman-Webster.   Spill the beans.

53 minutes ago, Manche757 said:

Don't leave out the good part.  What does it mean?  Bold or daring per Merriman-Webster.   Spill the beans.

On the advice of council I decline to answer because I honestly feel my answer could tend to incriminate me.

19 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

I always thought it was Fred backwards.

Sharp observation. 

Now that you are here, the statute of limitations has expired on that 2008 thread.  Why don't you lay that interesting story on us about the creation of fiatslug87.

I attended the University of California at Santa Cruz whose mascot is the banana slug, the UC motto is fiat lux (let there be light), and I graduated in 1987 (coincidentally the first 4.0L model year). So a combination of the three yields – fiatslug87 (Let There Be Slug 87)

Mnkyboy was something I came up with about 30 years ago when I was setting up my AOL account, I have used it on every forum I have been on since.

As a kid I really liked monkeys, so I figured Mnkyboy would be a great screen name.

I'd like to assume mine is fairly obvious...  It's DirtyMJ on lots of other forums though because apparently people thought I was a Comanche Indian, and 2drx4 on some others as that was the name of a build I abandoned.  The problem with picking a handle that's not very imaginative is you're either stuck with it, or you can change at some point and then deal with having multiple handles.

Ultimately I'm down to only 4 forums I actively post on at all, and one barely at that, yet out of them I'm using 3 different handles. :doh:

5 hours ago, Eagle said:

I did a Native American spirit quest many years ago. The eagle is my power animal, and I used White Eagle as my CB handle.

Interesting.  I'd always assumed you had an AMC Eagle at some point (you did, didn't you?) and it was from that.

A local friend's wife calls me "White Feather", as in a white native Indian, because they knew me by my handle on Pirate for years before I ever met them.  I guess I wasn't quite what they expected in person.  :laugh: