Jump to content

eaglescout526

Administrators
  • Posts

    12153
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

Everything posted by eaglescout526

  1. Is yours a short bed? You would have an 18. Supposedly the long bed will fit with some modifications and the best part is the sending unit from the 18 will translate to the 23 gallon just fine.
  2. Bench or bucket? Believe it or not, the buckle is rebuildable.
  3. Oh man. An oldie but a Goldie of this thread. Im not sure what solved the problem I did so much. Changed to a 23 gallon tank, put in new roll over valves, made sure all the lines are clear and I haven’t had the problem in years. Trick for the 16 might be to not stick the fuel nozzle in all the way.
  4. I cannot answer that one 100% accurately. There are lines that have been replaced, but I do not know if all of them have been replaced. But most of the emissions lines havent really been. I did drop the tank and inspected everything. Looks to all be in great shape minus the sending unit which sucks a little bit but mostly the ground wire thats soldered to the unit is showing its age. I did figure out why I was running out of fuel, the sock basically fell apart entirely. So a new one was put in. Now I need to watch the sender as it acted up on me on my way home. But I think I might need a new float for the unit.
  5. Fuel tank time. Actually starter update first. I took my stater apart and found the problem. The bendix kick out ring on the bendix itself was trashed and only making 80% contact. Luckily I had Chunks old starter, took that apart for its bendix ring and swapped it in and now I am in business. Not sure how or why that happened. No no pics sadly. Now the fuel tank. I ran out of fuel on my way home twice, despite the gauge telling me I still had some. Well it boils down to two problems. One is the grounding. Apparently there was resistance, classic, and the gauge was reading slightly off. Cleaned all that up and now it should read more accurately. Two the fuel sock is basically gone. So I ordered another and it should help solve my fuel starvation issues. I also found out the tank suffered a puncture at some point in its life and was patched. So thats fun.
  6. They’re a little bit different but not by much if at all. I’ll snag a pic of mine later this evening. Might even be some in my build thread.
  7. Which engine?
  8. What’s crazy is I have yet to threaten fuel injection to this car lol. Fricken carb keeps giving me issues left and right. Between clogged ports to flooding out with fuel. I replaced the floats. Fixed a handful of issues. Cleaned the fuel bowl out. Also fixed issues. But it seems like gunk was still getting in. I replaced the fuel filter for a whopping 99cents!! Woot! Thanks oreillys for your $10 off coupon. So replaced the filter, banged out the old filter to see what would come out and sure enough stuff still came out so yeah that filter was either failing or I’ve got fuel line also failing. I’ve also got a starter acting on the fritz so that’s fun.
  9. Moved your post to the pub. That’s where all odds and ends topics go.
  10. My wife and I have a Bluetooth one for the Eagle and the MJ. Works great and sounds pretty clear.
  11. I rebuilt my bushings on my MJs shackles. Mutilated the XJ shackle for the bushing, pressed the old ones out on the MJ and pressed the XJ ones in. Works perfectly to this day.
  12. I JUST REALIZED!! i missed the 10th anniversary of owning little red. Holy crap! 10 years goes by pretty fast.
  13. Ole whitey
  14. https://ebay.io/m/2Uj76q https://ebay.io/m/wxiwCe https://ebay.io/m/jFZuPu https://ebay.io/m/egbONu Just some vintage lamps I found perusing eBay.
  15. I don’t have one to confirm such. But they do not look the same based on the first pic. This being said, the 4.0 and 2.5 share the same exact power steering bracket. You can use a 4.0 pump if you wanted as I know most of the time those have the pulley already on them.
  16. So how AMC set up the 2.5Ls without power steering on the serpentine belt setup was to just include the whole bracket with the ability to add power steering later on
  17. The grill screw retainers are a GM part. That should make it a lot easier to find. As for the bumpers. I might have a couple. Don’t quote me on that as I’d have to dig around for them.
  18. Oh yeah! The idea came to me a little while ago and never implemented it. I mean the vac system is already taxed with the HVAC and cruise control and whatever else vacuum is needed for with the emissions. And thanks!
  19. Drove Chunk a couple days. Definitely miss driving him. I finally tackled my 4wd problem. And the problem that existed was in relation to vacuum and this existed before the TBI swap. and I have two theories, lack of vac supply or because the engine is 300k. Regardless I made use of a vac ball for a cruise control less Jeep as a reservoir for the 4wd to stay on at lower RPMs. I knew that if I used the XJ for 4wd kind of stuff that I would lose such thanks to the CAD and how it works. Course such probably wouldnt be a problem if the engine wasnt so high miles or just lack of vac. Anyways I put the ball in, revved the engine up and found 4wd to stay engaged than disengaging at high RPMs. So that is fixed. Woot! Next is figuring out why the wiper system is shorted to ground.
  20. If you’re going from an 84-86 Speedo and cable to an 87-90 Speedo and cable, that’s fine. But if you wanting to swap just the Speedo to the 86 cable it won’t work or vice versa. The Speedo and cable have to match since the connection to the Speedo are different.
  21. it does two things, increases the amount of fuel the engine takes and disengages the compressor.
×
×
  • Create New...