CC Handles

beaterjeep

My handle goes all the way back to when I was in tech school and I was just about the only one in my class with a truck that wasn’t a Chevy Silverado. It was decided that while I technically could fit in with the real hicks at the school, I was different enough that I was also considered a more modern version of such. “Neo” for the more modern version of everyone else and “hic” based totally on the fact that the “K” key on the keyboard I was using just didn’t work. neohic... no the “n” isn’t capital. 

It’s stupid, but it’s also the only username I’ve ever had on a forum. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, thecodemonk said:

Mine is a play on my favorite DnD class (Monk) and Code Monkey (since I was a comp sci major).

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

A man after my own heart (and major)

On 4/8/2020 at 9:12 PM, neohic said:

My handle goes all the way back to when I was in tech school and I was just about the only one in my class with a truck that wasn’t a Chevy Silverado. It was decided that while I technically could fit in with the real hicks at the school, I was different enough that I was also considered a more modern version of such. 

A man that hears a different drummer. Gotta love it.

I have other hobbies and got tired of carrying multiple screen names =P

Torq was chosen because I used it as a variable name when writing a dynamometer calibration tool for my job a number of years ago. Shep because I dress up as a giant dog and party like I am still 21 from time to time. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2020 at 8:46 AM, PCO6 said:

I've been involved in the sport of lacrosse for the last 60 years. Mine is the last team I played for and my sweater number.

Gotta pic of that first team you were on?

On 4/13/2020 at 11:31 PM, Torq_Shep said:

I have other hobbies and got tired of carrying multiple screen names =P

Torq was chosen because I used it as a variable name when writing a dynamometer calibration tool for my job a number of years ago. Shep because I dress up as a giant dog and party like I am still 21 from time to time. 

Shep for shepard? Pic please of you in your canine finest

I play drums, bass guitar and others. am a Crash Bandicoot fan, and also a big fan of The Aquabats. One of the band members is know as Crash McLarson, he is the bass player.

I got mine in college.  I was in a fraternity.  Alcohol was involved.  For the rest of the story I plead the fifth.
If you need an alternate "story" and are a fan of Short Circuit and Short Circuit 2, Johnny 5 calls Fred.. Derf.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm the Chief Engineer on an ocean going tugboat. And I got married in 1995. Some version of this is always a username on everything so I don't have to remember a bunch of different ones.

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

3 hours ago, Manche757 said:

Great pic.  Which young champ are you?   8 years old or there about?

I downloaded the pic and tried to post it.  Maybe someone else is better at it than I am will do it

Thanks!  I have lot of them but none from back then are game shots.   I'm in the back row second from the right and I was just coming up to 10.   My Brother, just coming up to 8, is beside me on end and our Father, the Coach, is right behind us.

Here's one from 1972, ten years later, when we were playing in the Ontario Provincial League.   Sorry but it's another .pdf.  I'm in the front row third from the left and again my Brother was beside me on my left.   You can see PCO on my sweater and 6 on my sleeve so hence … PCO6.  btw … we were NOT the champions that year.  lol

This by the way was BOX Lacrosse vs. FIELD Lacrosse which is much more popular in the US.  Both countries have caught on to each others specialties over the years but both retain their favourite version of the game.  I coached both versions and, although quite different games, the basic skills are the same … pass, catch, run and keep your head up so you don't get clobbered. Unfortunately all but a few of the National and Provincial seasons (and the remaining ones will be) have been cancelled this year due to the virus.

1972 - Mississauga PCO - Jr B.pdf

1 hour ago, PCO6 said:

Thanks!  I have lot of them but none from back then are game shots.   I'm in the back row second from the right and I was just coming up to 10.   My Brother, just coming up to 8, is beside me on end and our Father, the Coach, is right behind us.

Here's one from 1972, ten years later, when we were playing in the Ontario Provincial League.   Sorry but it's another .pdf.  I'm in the front row third from the left and again my Brother was beside me on my left.   You can see PCO on my sweater and 6 on my sleeve so hence … PCO6.  btw … we were NOT the champions that year.  lol

This by the way was BOX Lacrosse vs. FIELD Lacrosse which is much more popular in the US.  Both countries have caught on to each others specialties over the years but both retain their favourite version of the game.  I coached both versions and, although quite different games, the basic skills are the same … pass, catch, run and keep your head up so you don't get clobbered. Unfortunately all but a few of the National and Provincial seasons (and the remaining ones will be) have been cancelled this year due to the virus.

1972 - Mississauga PCO - Jr B.pdf 715.69 kB · 0 downloads

Another great pic.  You and your brother grew up in that 10 years.  School team or a community league?  Curiously, neither pic would open for me unless I signed in.  Maybe one of the computer guys can get it to post.  The tall kid in the first row with the startled look on his face in the first pic looks like Brad Pitt

3 hours ago, tugboat95 said:

I'm the Chief Engineer on an ocean going tugboat. And I got married in 1995. Some version of this is always a username on everything so I don't have to remember a bunch of different ones.

Got any pics from back then?   Also would be curious to see a pic or two of the engine bay

1 hour ago, Manche757 said:

Got any pics from back then?   Also would be curious to see a pic or two of the engine bay

My toys. Its not an engine bay.  Its an engine room and is two levels.  These pictures are from my first tug I was Chief on about 20 years ago, the Choptank.  I'm currently sailing on the tug Delaware but she has the same engine setup only the gensets are smaller to meet stricter emission standards.Still John Deeres and use a lot of the same parts just 4 cylinder not 6 and it turns 200 rpm faster toPowered by two, Caterpillar 3516 diesel engines. With Reintjes WAF-872 reduction gears. Turning two, 97(in), fixed pitch, propellers. Mounted in CNF, Type 37, kort nozzles. For a rated 4,200 horsepower.

The tug's electrical service is provided by two, 72kW, Caterpillar 3054T generator sets. Her capacities are 89,910 gallons of fuel oil, and 8,816 of potable water.

Her towing gear consists of an INTERcon, double drum, towing winch. Driven by a dedicated John Deere diesel engine make the same power levels.

Powered by two, Caterpillar 3516 diesel engines. With Reintjes WAF-872 reduction gears. Turning two, 97(in), fixed pitch, propellers. Mounted in CNF, Type 37, kort nozzles. For a rated 4,200 horsepower.

The tug's electrical service is provided by two, 72kW, Caterpillar 3054T generator sets. Her capacities are 89,910 gallons of fuel oil, and 8,816 of potable water.

Her towing gear consists of an INTERcon, double drum, towing winch. Driven by a dedicated John Deere diesel engine

reduction gear.jpg

port engine outboard side.jpg

port engine.jpg

generator.jpg

tow motor.jpg

19 minutes ago, Pete M said:

and there are truck guys bragging about their 15k winches.  :laugh: 

My winch.  Carries 2 1/4" wire on the left of pic.  2500 feet.  Right drum has 2000 feet of 2" wire under the lines as a backup.  yes we do break them.  The lines are use for when we go alongside barges.  FYI we tow barges full of up to 80k barrels of petroleum

Story of this picture.  It was taken onboard the tug Delaware about 100 miles west of Manzanilla Mexico during a transit from Jacksonville Florida to Seattle.Over about 3 days the entire boat got covered in seagull excrement. It was extremely sunny and about 95 degrees.  Took the deckhands two days to pressure wash it all off just before we go to LA.  Never was more glad I'm no longer a deckhand.

Cooled by Keel coolers, basically large radiators built into the bottom of the hull.  Only works well while vessel is moving.  Hooked up pushing on something not moving makes my day get very interesting.  Interesting on boats is NOT a good thing. 

winch.jpg