CC Handles

beaterjeep

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

Interesting.  I'd always assumed you had an AMC Eagle at some point (you did, didn't you?) and it was from that.

I never owned an AMC Eagle. My sister-in-law did. There was a time when I lusted after an SX/4, but I never bought one.

My grandfather was a civil engineer in Mexico. Everyone called him “ chief”, I was named after him so everyone called me “white chief”. Because our family is very fair skinned for Mexicans. I live 8 miles away from the ocean! So coastal Chief worked. It came to mind with the whole Comanche thing too. The Aztecs and Mayans worshiped the warriors spirit. I believe that these cars as long as we keep them on the road. They embody that. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

12 hours ago, amsuco said:

Mine is from a 1980 movie starring Jeff Bridges and Bianca Jagger titled "The American Success Company".  It wasn't a terribly popular movie, but I liked it.  At the opening credits, they abbreviated the movie title to fit it onto a credit card.  The plot in a nutshell is that the main character can't get any respect at home or work until he takes on an alternate persona.

So was it a cathartic moment for you that changed your thinking or behaviors?

Because many might be too young to have watched any of the Lone Ranger on the boob tube, I thought you might find this amusing:

Ke-mo sah-bee is the term of endearment used by the fictional Native American sidekick Tonto in the American television and radio programs The Lone Ranger. It has become a common catchphrase.

BUT

In Navajo, on the other hand, “kemosabe” translates as “soggy shrub.” If this seems an odd thing for faithful friend Tonto to call the Lone Ranger, perhaps he was just repaying the Ranger's long-standing insult. “Tonto,” after all, is a Spanish word meaning “stupid.”

12 hours ago, mnkyboy said:

Mnkyboy was something I came up with about 30 years ago when I was setting up my AOL account, I have used it on every forum I have been on since.

As a kid I really liked monkeys, so I figured Mnkyboy would be a great screen name.

Lol, I was also setting up my AOL account :applause:. Everything related to my name was taken, so I had to be creative. Decided on Richard backwards and the production number on my Jeep Jamboree CJ7. 

I got an xbox and for the online part you could make 1 user name free or you could use one they gave you. I knew I would think whatever I chose was stupid and want to pay to change it later so I left it as SatricialHen461 which is what they gave me. So for the forums I just dropped the 461.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Tsalagi said:

It is how you write the Cherokee word for "Cherokee" in English. I am a member of a recognized tribe in Alabama so this is a way to recognize that association.

Way cool. Do you speak the language? Evidently used by the Cherokee and the Iroquois.

7 minutes ago, Tsalagi said:

Definitely not fluent. Just a few words picked up here and there. 

As you likely know, in WWII an Indian language was used by American forces because the language was so different that enemy code breakers would have trouble with it.  There was no Indian word for tank, so the Indians used the word "turtle".