beaterjeep

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, jdog said:

hi Bill (in unison) sorry had to reminds me of a intervention

Names Jason nothing special bout the user name

I was going to type: Hi, I am Bill.  I've been an MJ owner for....

I wasn't sure how it would go over.  (Oh well.  I'll find out now.)

49 minutes ago, Original 87 said:

Mine is simple I am the original owner of my original 87 Comanche. The first new vehicle I bought.

It's great that you hung on to it rather than trading it off for something newer/bigger.

I see this is your first post.  Welcome to the CC!

On 3/1/2020 at 3:39 AM, Drahcir495 said:

Decided on Richard backwards and the production number on my Jeep Jamboree CJ7. 

I had wondered what your name might mean.  Thought it might have been a character out of dungeon and dragons or some other video game.

3 hours ago, Original 87 said:

Mine is simple I am the original owner of my original 87 Comanche. The first new vehicle I bought.

you definitely need to find the thread containing original owners and add yourself. :L: 

Mine started like some of the others, signing up for my first online account... Dial-up! I did it to stay in touch with my new girlfriend while she was home from college over the summer (Where I worked in maintenance, don't worry, only 5 years different in age, we are married now). I was heavy into VW's at the time and owned a 1959 VW Microbus Panel van, that had been lowered and souped up! I didn't want something with my name and a bunch of numbers, so I made up a word that sounded German and related to VW's. Das I think is "The", Bulli, is a German generic name for the microbus, and Wagen is German for car. Dasbulliwagen…. Nobody else had a name like it, so it stood on its own!. Ill try to post a pic of it later.

Mine is easy, I used to own a Blue XJ when I created most of my online forum names, when I sold it and built the Green MJ, everyone already knew my Blue XJ name, so I just left it.    I have the same name on non automotive forums as well.

On 3/10/2020 at 8:41 PM, shelbyluvv said:

That's it. Nothing else needs to be said, lol. A 2.2 litre that runs 11s in the 1/4 speaks for itself.

I am sure glad you cleared that up.  It looks like it is being driven by the invisible man, is on fire and now it can talk for itself.   What a car!

On 3/4/2020 at 2:06 PM, dasbulliwagen said:

Ill try to post a pic of it later.

Please do!  Sounds very cool!

As for my CC name ... No brainer. 

We should modify this thread to include an explanation our Avatars. 

75SV1 is for the 1975 Bricklin SV-1 I own, since I was 21. SV = Safety Vehicle.  First vehicle to be deemed  structurally sound enough to be used for the rear end collision test, after the front collision test.

2 hours ago, 75sv1 said:

75SV1 is for the 1975 Bricklin SV-1 I own, since I was 21. SV = Safety Vehicle.  First vehicle to be deemed  structurally sound enough to be used for the rear end collision test, after the front collision test.

Does yours have the AMC 360 or Ford 351?

2 hours ago, 75sv1 said:

Pic?