CC Handles

beaterjeep

Mine is another one that is self explanatory (I think). I was in the US Army Bomb Squad. The official term is Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD). I retired last October and am now a full time student and also work full time at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Jeep is a truck that was born in 1986. Also Jeeptruck because I can't spell Comanche... sometimes. I still use saturn01 in other places but luckily I was able to trade that nightmare for my wife's '04 KJ. Recently sold my Avenger (which had me calling myself Redvenger96 on CarDomain... see a pattern?) so we're an all Jeep household now! :D

TNT = My wife's first initial - N(and) - My first initial

Like Dynomite... Dangerous and to be handled with care.

We have been using it for 20 years on our return address stickers.

It's my screen name for almost all of the boards I'm on.

Way back in and just before my high school days. I was bent over car /jeep fenders swapping parts and "fixin" stuff. In those early years, like all kids, you THOUGHT you knew it all. So you tried anything. Well, I royally screwed up a little Holley 4bbl I was "fixin".

Pop to the rescue. His first question...What did you touch? TYPICAL KID answer...NUTHIN'!!! Well after about 20 Min's of resetting the float levels and re-setting the mixture screws he had it running pretty good. CW

CW, that reminds me of a story. I bought an nearly finished 36 Ford 5-window coupe hot rod with a small block 327 during my last year of HS. Got it running pretty well, thought I knew it all, but it stumbled a bit going around corners - float level adj. had to be off. It had a Holley 650 dual feed 4-barrel (the old style w. the external float level adjustment). You can see where this is leading. Pulled the plug on the float bowl, engine was hotter than I thought, POOF! What a dumbass. Luckily there was a garden hose close by, I shut the engine off, put the fire out, and surveyed the carnage. Had to do some major rewiring, repaint the hood, and replace the windshield because it shattered when the cold water hit it. Ah, memories. :cheers:

Way back in and just before my high school days. I was bent over car /jeep fenders swapping parts and "fixin" stuff. In those early years, like all kids, you THOUGHT you knew it all. So you tried anything. Well, I royally screwed up a little Holley 4bbl I was "fixin".

Pop to the rescue. His first question...What did you touch? TYPICAL KID answer...NUTHIN'!!! Well after about 20 Min's of resetting the float levels and re-setting the mixture screws he had it running pretty good. CW

CW, that reminds me of a story. I bought an nearly finished 36 Ford 5-window coupe hot rod with a small block 327 during my last year of HS. Got it running pretty well, thought I knew it all, but it stumbled a bit going around corners - float level adj. had to be off. It had a Holley 650 dual feed 4-barrel (the old style w. the external float level adjustment). You can see where this is leading. Pulled the plug on the float bowl, engine was hotter than I thought, POOF! What a dumbass. Luckily there was a garden hose close by, I shut the engine off, put the fire out, and surveyed the carnage. Had to do some major rewiring, repaint the hood, and replace the windshield because it shattered when the cold water hit it. Ah, memories. :cheers:

But yet no meaning on your name? ;)

Oh, that's simple. Back when I was in the Navy, all email addys were limited to 8 characters. The first 7 characters were the the first 7 characters of your last name, and the last 8th character was the initial of your first name. For some reason I'm still doing it. :nuts:

Oh, that's simple. Back when I was in the Navy, all email addys were limited to 8 characters. The first 7 characters were the the first 7 characters of your last name, and the last 8th character was the initial of your first name. For some reason I'm still doing it. :nuts:

That makes sense. But what would happen if your last name had less than 7 characters in it?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm game for this.... with 200,000 "Wolfman"s out there I figured I'd need something a wee bit more original (yes, I have long hair with a "solar panel" up top and a beard), and the 48 is my age now. I usually put my zip code for the number though.

Just bought, for my birthday, an '89 SporTruck for hauling stuff, to tow my boat, and the economy of a 4 banger.

WahooSteeler........well the Steeler part 99.9% of you already know or can figure out. So one of my famous Fresh Pine Air Fresheners to the one who can correctly identify the Wahoo part.

Probaby not a native of Wahoo, Nebraska (one time home to David Lettermans Top 10 list) and crummy little bumpkin town that I used to roll though when detassling corn as a kid...

Don't know how to do the quote thingy:

WahooSteeler........well the Steeler part 99.9% of you already know or can figure out. So one of my famous Fresh Pine Air Fresheners to the one who can correctly identify the Wahoo part.

Not sure of either the Wahoo or the Steeler but I'm thinking of the fishing angle (no pun intended)

I'll play. The bar I go to has about 15 Dave's that hang out there

so it got to were we were call'd by what we did for a living.

I turn wrench's so I was call'd mech. Dave. There was elect. Dave , plumber dave,and so on. When I got my sami they start'd calling me Suzuki Dave then all my buddy's shortin'd it to zuki Dave and now they just call me Zuki. Hell my G/F call's me Zuki more then she does Dave.

Don't know how to do the quote thingy:

Not sure of either the Wahoo or the Steeler but I'm thinking of the fishing angle (no pun intended)

just hit the quote button at the top right of the post you want to quote. jamminz.gif

no winners yet...........JT got a little warm

You must be a Hokie and/or Wahoo at VT and live in Waynesboro.

Ooooops, screwed that up, dead brain cell didn't kick in again. :eek: UVA are the Hoos; VT the Hokies. Least I got the Waynesboro right, a stone's throw from Charlottesville. :cheers: