Where / How often do you see Comanches?

CODriver

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In person I've seen maybe 10 total in my entire life and I own 2 of them.  3-4 of them were being parted out or otherwise not roadworthy.  They are not common at all around here and are usually rusted pretty bad.

9 hours ago, Dzimm said:

In person I've seen maybe 10 total in my entire life and I own 2 of them.  3-4 of them were being parted out or otherwise not roadworthy.  They are not common at all around here and are usually rusted pretty bad.

10 and a half. :D 

20190909_210109.jpg

Know a guy here in Victoria BC that’s got a 87 2 Wheel Dr. straight six Comanche with about 300,000 km on it and inside and out is mint. How’s the factory cap. Needs the usual clutch slave of course, if I had the room and be in my driveway right now, beside my 87 Comanche.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been driving to northern Alabama for work related stuff this week, going though a bunch of small towns. In my truck of course.

I've never seen more 90s Ford Thunderbirds, FSJs, or old Datsun pickups in one place. Not a single MJ to be found.

I’ve only ever seen one here in island apart from mine. Haven’t seen it in at least 6 months but it was an off white rust bucket. I think the owner works at the airport since I’ve seen it parked in the employee lot. Will try to get some info on it if I find the owner one of these days. I don’t believe there was a Jeep dealership on island while the Comanche was in production. 

Here in Helena MT i know of 4 total including mine. 1 is clearly not used, 4 flat tires and about 8 different colors of spray paint, 1 is a lwb on 33s that is owned by a employee at a local fab shop, and 1 more which is a stock lwb pioneer with a topper. I only know of 1 of the owners, the man with the pioneer, he commented on a Comanche hoodie i was wearing saying he had a pioneer, not positive it was the same truck but I'm 90% sure.

• 2 weeks later...

10-15yrs ago when I worked retail in town there were about 8-10 running around our little town.  Now I fell fortunate to see an xj on the street.  Its been a while since I have seen another MJ on the road.  I have seen a few through craigslist and marketplace ads but only a very small handful.