Where / How often do you see Comanches?

CODriver

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/31/2020 at 6:53 PM, JMO413 said:

I've seen three in the town I love in and that's it. Mine I believe it's the only one that is driven constantly. The only other ones I've seen I had to drive to Dzimms house to see his and Pete's 1/2 a Comanche.

I saw a really clean blue one with chrome trim and a nice chrome roll bar in Cedar Falls not terribly long ago. And one outside of Cedar Rapids that was in decent shape. Mine's a pile of junk right now, inside and out and I feel bad for anyone that I force to look at it... But She's been good to me and I'm going to be good to her.

That is very interesting, I have seen 2, maybe 3 in the last year here in Central Florida. Do you think there is a specific reason why there are still so many in your area? Any salt on the roads during the winter?

5 minutes ago, buxmj said:

That is very interesting, I have seen 2, maybe 3 in the last year here in Central Florida. Do you think there is a specific reason why there are still so many in your area? Any salt on the roads during the winter?

Depends on the town really. Some towns use salt but some don't do anything cause we really don't get a lot of snow. I think they were extremely popular around here back in the day, cause most people I see driving or owning them are in their 50's or older. Whether farm trucks or whatever, people just bought a lot of em around here.

I split my time between new england and the southwest. Very rare in NE but in new mexico I see two or three a month. When I see one on the road in Vermont I often sprain my wrist while waving like an idiot at the guy waving like an idiot back since we may be the only ones still running in that state. My girlfriend borrowed the truck for a few weeks last year while hers was getting body work done and said she was at a light and "some weirdo in another jeep truck was beeping at waving at her like a psycho" hahaha

I think I saw four others when I was in Saskatoon, kept seeing them from time to time. There was at least one I saw in Lethbridge when I was down there this fall. There was a half dozen or so that I saw from time to time in western MB as well. 
I’ve seen a couple come through town as well here. It’s a tourism destination, and also a bit of an oasis in the middle of nowhere on a busy highway so lots of stuff comes through. It’s just being in the right place at the right time to spot it. 
Any time I’ve been driving south of the border on a road trip I see a few, not always so many on Canadian roads, but there’s less traffic in general here. Rolling through the backroads of the eastern seaboard states I think I was seeing two or three a day, tbh. Not as many out west but again there’s less population density.

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2020 at 9:14 PM, Pete M said:

almost forgot, I spied an MJ on a car hauler heading north somewhere in Kentucky  :D 

Did that happen to be mid-March by chance? Was it a Colorado Red shortbed? And was there a clean green Volvo 240 wagon on that hauler as well? If so, I am the owner of the car hauler MJ. Just curious. 

1 minute ago, rtferguson_39 said:

Did that happen to be mid-March by chance? Was it a Colorado Red shortbed? And was there a clean green Volvo 240 wagon on that hauler as well? If so, I am the owner of the car hauler MJ. Just curious. 

don't remember the details unfortunately.  :(  but let's just say that it was. :D  

My own MJ sighting experience... In the 11 years I've lived around Charlotte NC, I've only seen two other Comanches in operable condition other than mine. One was a super rusted silver longbed around the Concord NC area about five years ago, and the second was a nice black "Eliminator" looking shortbed with a rollbar. When the black one was spotted, I had literally just finished telling a friend how rare these MJ's are as we are riding in mine and stumble upon the black "Eliminator."

Apparently I need to cruise over towards Maiden NC where coheed is...

I saw one driving around in Sacramento, CA last Friday (6/5/2020), looked to be an '87 with tan & black patchwork body panels. I was not quick enough to snap a pic.

Funny thing is we were in my wife's FJ Cruiser and there was a black FJ Cruiser behind us at the same time the MJ was next to us. :nuts:

In the past three months I have seen four other Comanches than my own. One a block away from my parents house, one in my grandparents small town, one at a local glass shop and the last one is a light rollover write off that I'm trying to get for parts. I know of two more local trucks, but have not laid eyes on them.

Since getting mine in 2018, I've only seen one or two (with the one instance being the only time seeing them) on the road besides mine in San Diego, and know of another that is for sale in the SD area, as well as three that are at the local Jeep graveyard aka Hard Rock 4x4. Those three are not in the graveyard itself, and are operational; I believe one is the work truck. That being said, they also claim that there are a bunch of people looking for MJ parts from them; where the hell are the MJs then?! 

Other than Maveric's, I've only seen a few here and there in the last couple years. When Joe and I first began corresponding, the gal across the street from me had a white Pioneer with black stripes, but then one day, it was gone, replaced by a brand new white Nissan pickup. Not even a chance to find out if I could've bought it. Now, there's a black one here in Seguin, but no others that I know of.

13 hours ago, silvertwinkiehobo said:

Other than Maveric's, I've only seen a few here and there in the last couple years. When Joe and I first began corresponding, the gal across the street from me had a white Pioneer with black stripes, but then one day, it was gone, replaced by a brand new white Nissan pickup. Not even a chance to find out if I could've bought it. Now, there's a black one here in Seguin, but no others that I know of.

Seguin? Texas?

I have seen 5 in San Antonio in 5 years. 2 of them I have owned, one was a friend, and 2 at my workplace. 

I know of a mint looking... both in and out... 87 black 2wd long box with factory cap And buckets here near Victoria bc. Has approximately 340,000 kilometres on it. 6 cyl. Needs clutch. Wish I had the space for it. 

I see one short bed, always parked but clean, about 3 miles from my house.  It's always out in the driveway, but it's always clean, so I know it gets driven.  Probably an older person's daily.  Completely stock.

About once a month, I see @JordanTMiller running around with his. (and I know he has two)

When I was commuting to work, before the COVID lockdown, I would see one almost every day...it was in bad shape inside and out, but it was always running and driving.

I think that's all four MJs that I know of in Spokane, other than my own.

Guess you haven't seen the tan one in the neighborhood then hobo... If we're counting on the road in the last 5 years i see them occasionally, there was a black one with rollbar that rolled through here, the tan one in my neighborhood... Seen a few red ones and blue ones up in the dfw area... But you just don't catch a lot of them, but there wasn't many made to begin with.

I’ve seen 4 in the year I’ve had mine. One owner works near my house at a oil change place. I’m pretty sure he’s on here too. Another I saw in Reedley parked on the side of a street; it looked like somebody’s dented up rig. One I saw going to Reedley parked on the side of the highway which has been sitting there for years. Finally, last one I saw was downtown Fresno when I was on my way to getting my AC refilled at a shop. Pulled up right behind me after moving through a light. In all, 1 long bed and 3 short beds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk