Where / How often do you see Comanches?

CODriver

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly see them pretty often between Charleston and Clemson. I know of a few on the road in both places and a few sitting around. I’ve also pulled parts from almost 20 of them in the past two years. They are getting harder to find though and even xjs are starting to pop up

In the yards less often

Saw one yesterday while I was taking my wife to lunch. It was black and orange with a chrome grill sitting in downtown New Bern, NC. Only the second one I've seen in this area since I bought mine last year.

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Pete M said:

wow!  2 in one drive?!  :eek:

I'm telling you there all over the place up here. A couple years back I even posted about seeing one with a hidden winch at the grocery store.

• 6 months later...
On 4/16/2020 at 11:57 PM, gogmorgo said:

I think I saw four others when I was in Saskatoon, kept seeing them from time to time. There was at least one I saw in Lethbridge when I was down there this fall. There was a half dozen or so that I saw from time to time in western MB as well. 
I’ve seen a couple come through town as well here. It’s a tourism destination, and also a bit of an oasis in the middle of nowhere on a busy highway so lots of stuff comes through. It’s just being in the right place at the right time to spot it. 
Any time I’ve been driving south of the border on a road trip I see a few, not always so many on Canadian roads, but there’s less traffic in general here. Rolling through the backroads of the eastern seaboard states I think I was seeing two or three a day, tbh. Not as many out west but again there’s less population density.

My Comanche and I are down in Newfane, VT, just outside Brattleboro. Where you? 

21 minutes ago, VTmanche said:

My Comanche and I are down in Newfane, VT, just outside Brattleboro. Where you? 

Nowhere close. Currently on the east slope of the Rockies, where the rivers flow north to the Arctic, a few hundred miles north of Spokane, WA. I started out north of North Dakota and slowly worked my way further west over the last bunch of years.

Around me, ive only ever seen 3.

And not regularly either.

There was a gold longbed i had seen a few times from the last town i lived in. Never met the owner but drove by him once and he beated at me like crazy in excitement to see another mj on the road haha

Second one i only got the chance to speak to the owner of one briefly as i was on my way out of a boat ramp. It was a very clean not stock green color mj. Owned by a younger guy. He didnt seem so excited to talk comanche with me though when i did speak to him.

3rd one was parked at a house. Another gold longbed, next town over from me funny enough. Looked really clean too.

I have seen two, one was in Kentucky south of Cincinnati when we were on our way to visit the Ark. It was in the hammer lane doing better than 75 mph as he passed me in my Rambler. I was in the center lane of three. There was not much left of the box due to rust but I recognized the tail lights.  

I saw a second one pulled off of MS25  in a deer hunting area south of Louisville, Mississippi. It was rattle can painted camouflage. 

Having Comanche Fun,

Ollie

There is one that runs around in Bowling Green, KY - talked to him once.  See a couple in drives broke down every weekend when I head toward Owensboro, KY/Evansville, IN.  Once day I'll stop and buy them lol