Jump to content

88mjsally

Members
  • Posts

    576
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Everything posted by 88mjsally

  1. Pretty much just been tinkering with all the little stuff the last couple weeks. Lots of general cleaning up and zip tying stuff out of the way. Took a few photos of the engine bay all finished up as well as of the finished exhaust installed. Only things really left are the plug for the VSS and the computer flashing. Had a “buddy” that was supposed to do it for me for the cost of the credits then he changed that so I sent it off to Brendan at LT1Swap who is going to do it for $75
  2. Tom woods driveshaft arrived and got installed today
  3. From what I’ve read you have to program the ecm for the different pulse count but that’s it. I’m hoping to have mine tuned in the next couple weeks so we will see how it goes
  4. Rear diff is back together with a lube locker gasket, fresh gear oil and a new 1330 yoke. Exhaust is also welded together. I’m not an exhaust guy by any means but it looks pretty decent overall. This was my first time welding stainless so it’s not all that pretty but I don’t think it’s going anywhere. Just waiting on a couple clamps to put the muffler on and copper collector gaskets to final install everything
  5. I have done both a vortec V8 and am finishing an LS swap now. I drove my Vortec v8 all through college and it was a great driver with sniper EFI and I find it simpler than the LS. If I ever V8 swap another one that’s the route I’d probably go again
  6. I also got the VSS adapter installed. Ordered it from Novak but it was made by Dakota Digital. Lets me keep the oem Renix speedometer and still generate a VSS signal for the LS. Also got the belt installed and check engine light put into the clock panel
  7. Today’s task was pulling the rear yoke that I broke the bolts off in when I pulled the driveshaft to pull the motor. It takes a 1350 ujoint since the 10.25 came out of a powerstroke diesel truck. Swapping to a 1330 ujoint which should be plenty for the LS. Threw in a new pinion seal while I was in here. Just waiting on the new yoke now since I had to verify the length. They changed shaft lengths around 1993 and the axle came from a 1995 but wanted to make sure before I ordered the wrong one
  8. I was able to find them if you are still looking
  9. Slowly making progress. Got the electric fans in, radiator hoses, overflow tank and pretty much all of the wiring finished. Last few things include wiring the fans, exhaust, driveshafts and a VSS which is on the way
  10. Okay just let me know the side and I can go search for it. I should have either one
  11. I should have both. What side seat recline handle do you need?
  12. Yea it’s a haul and I really don’t want to try shipping this. I did end up needing to keep the shifter but forgot to update this. I might be able to get it to Mexico beach FL which is at least a little closer
  13. Got the rebuilt transfer case installed today. I thought I had the shifter figured out but then I test fit the console and it wasn’t going to work. Tried to heat it up and bend it but ended up breaking the threads off so went back to the drawing board. Turns out the zj ax15 shifter is set back further than an xj so it actually fits pretty decent and should let me run the oem console and shift boot. Test fit the new radiator too. Ended up just going with a stock brass/ copper one and I’ll have to get creative with the hoses. Hopefully it will keep it cool enough
  14. One sucky leak to fix. At least it started leaking before I had the driveshafts back in. I got the new seal in, and I’ll put a transfer case back in tomorrow. Can’t decide if I want to put the rebuilt one back in or the one that I already had in it. The trans fluid didn’t look great either but hopefully it’s okay. It was milky but let’s hope that’s from me pressure washing it. I don’t have it in me to pull the trans back out at the moment and it seemed to shift okay driving around the house
  15. Making some good progress this weekend. Got the fuel injectors and rails on. The wiring harness is mostly finished and hooked up. Jeep power steering pump pulley is on the corvette pump. Headers and collectors are bolted on. Waiting on a few more little parts then the big stuff left is the cooling system, fuel system, exhaust, driveshafts and tuning. Sadly the trans started leaking from the output so I’m also going to have to pull the transfercase off to fix that
  16. I should have one too if he doesn’t have one^
  17. Looks similar but my idler pulley is lower and I don’t think the oem steering reservoir will be an issue. Clears the hood fine. I have to get another smaller pulley but otherwise I think it’ll work. This is just mocked up but it seems to fit pretty well overall. Going to try the Jeep pulley as that’s what my buddy used in his xj ls swap and it seemed to work
  18. Front accessories arrived yesterday and hopefully I can start getting them installed today. I went with a corvette style power steering pump setup from ICT Billet which I’ve seen other people use so hopefully it will clear everything. Also got the fuel injector spacers I ordered to use the oem vortec truck injectors
  19. Been steady making progress the last couple days. Got the wiring harness pretty much buttoned up and all nicely wrapped with woven wrap. Fuse block is installed and almost all the way wired up. Got the aftermarket steam crossover on since the truck one hit the intake. Bypassed the heater core for now. Eventually I need to pull the dash again and replace the heater core and ac evaporator when I come back and add ac. I was going to order the Novak headers because I didn’t want to deal with fitment issues but the $800 price for coated ones was hard to justify. I ended up ordering 2 sets of Chinese eBay ls swap headers for about $200. The welds are actually surprisingly decent as is the overall quality. They fit really nicely as well, just need to order a different collector adapter for the passengers one as the o2 bung is in an annoying spot that hits everything no matter how it’s oriented
  20. Got the gm pcm mounted in the oem Renix location with help from a PSI conversions universal mount. Fits really well overall. Still working on the wiring and next up is mounting the aftermarket fuse block under the hood
  21. Took a little massaging but the engine is in and it fits really well overall. Just had to massage the firewall some for the bellhousing which I pretty much expected
  22. I did a really good job cleaning the engine, the rest not so much but oh well you’re probably right lol. Come on down, I moved since last time I saw you so I’m about an hour closer
  23. Mostly cleaned the transmission and transfer case up today. Didn’t do a great job but they are under the truck so it’ll be okay. Got it all bolted up to the engine and hopefully I’ll be able to set it in tomorrow
  24. Had a few issues today. The QuickDraw kit is designed for the newer AX15 and won’t work with out of the box stuff with the older one from what I see. Luckily I had a backup plan which was the factory manual zj. After looking more it’s a rusty pos so I no longer feel bad about pulling the trans out of it. Going to clean it up tomorrow and hopefully get it bolted up to the engine. Clutch is on and one of the perks of this QuickDraw kit is it uses all off the shelf parts which will help down the road
×
×
  • Create New...