We Lost A Member

The engine builder who is making my new short block tells me that Pete (known here as "Cruiser54") has passed away.

He will be missed for his insight into old MJ's and XJ's.  I hope his "Cruisers Tips" is archived for posterity here.

EDIT:  address for if anyone would like to send a card to his widow.

The Family of Peter Rushbrook
7255 N Spur Rd
Prescott AZ 86305-8928

Funeral / Celebration of Life:
- May 29 5pm, Upper Ramada @ Watson lake in Prescott, AZ

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 05-18-18 664fa99e76907.webp (WEBP Image 400 × 245 pixels).png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, how do we preserve his website?!  In lieu of the unlikely event of gaining access to pay for it, I say we open a new sub forum in his honor that contains everything.

16 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Wait, how do we preserve his website?!  In lieu of the time unlikely event of gaining access to pay for it, I say we open a new sub forum in his honor that contains everything.

It is too bad that we lost him. RIP. 

I'm liking this plan. I was going to start saving information off of it in the evenings. 

Ugghhhh this is terrible. I purchased a bunch of parts from him a few months back, many I didn't even truly need because I wanted to somehow repay him for the invaluable information he's offered about renix jeeps over the years. It's also good to have spares. A true legend. What a terrible loss :/

Man, it's always sad to see this happen. :(

I could volunteer my website to mirror/rehost any of his content so we don't lose it.

It's very sad to hear this.   He lived RENIX XJs and MJs when they were new and shared his knowledge freely both through his notes from "The Book" and how he simply and clearly answered everyone's questions.   RIP Pete. 

He will be greatly missed here on CC as well as other Jeep forums.

I have always relied on his advise for my Renix MJ.

Hopefully, his wealth of knowledge and information can live on for everyone.

(He and Hornbrod can continue their "debate" about which is better, Renix or HO.)

I am saddened to hear this news, thanks for letting us know AZjeff

I never met Pete in person, but we had some great conversations here on the forums, and boy howdy, did was that guy a wealth of knowledge!

Soar in peace Pete! 

4 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Wow, what unexpected news. Condolences to his family. He was a great source of knowledge and insight.

I'm thinking a CC honorary 10 out of 10 rank is in order. 

I created a new rank for him and Don