To Wave or Not to Wave, that is the question

87MJTIM

To Wave or Not to Wave, that is the question  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Give the Jeep Wave to Gladiator drivers?

• Have you / Will you give the Jeep Wave to Gladiator Jeeps
    • No, you have not / will not give the Jeep Wave

While driving today, I passed a Gladiator.  As it was going by, I realized the driver was giving the Jeep Wave.  I did not.  Not out of disrespect, but I just didn't think about it.

This got me wondering:  Do other MJ drivers wave to Gladiator drivers?

Ahhh the Jeep wave. I've driven jeeps for a little over 15 years now. I've only commonly given/gotten the jeep wave in the CJ I used to roll around in. Very rarely in my XJ someone would wave if they where in a XJ as well but that was it. The new breed of Jeep drivers aren't those I want to acknowledge. They are a bunch of fugazis (not to be confused with the delightful post hardcore punk band).  Go to 4WP and run around with their rough country stickers and ghey wheels. Who the F thinks 20's and angry eye grills belong on a jeep!!! 

In my CJ, I wave to other CJ/YJ/TJ/etc.

In my MJ, I will wave to XJs (though not all wave back) and other MJs (few that there are).

There are not cross waves, however.

I just want to get a felling for others on CC.

I don't usually bother with the wave. If someone waves at me, there's a 90% chance I didn't even notice it, or by the time I noticed the wave it was too late to wave back. I'm not a total @$$ - if I see someone wave at me I'll wave back, but I almost never even notice.

I was driving my MJ when I saw my first Gladiator in the wild, and the driver looked at my truck but didn't wave.

22 minutes ago, NHMJXJ said:

give a thumbs up or four fingers up at the top of the wheel. 

This is the back road wave around here to anyone passing. 

Old timers would sit on their porch and wave to passersby when I first moved here, they've mostly died off now.

My locale has become the S---hole I left 12  years ago. 

2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

I would. 

To me, if it is a solid axle Jeep, it gets the wave. Unless it has angry eyes. Then it doesn’t. 

angry eyes get a strong eye roll from me.  :shaking:  I honestly thought that fad would have died off by now...

Back when I owned real Jeeps, I wouldn't get so much as the time of day from anyone when rolling my MJ (on 35's, lifted and all kitted out).  But I got waved at almost every time when I was driving my bone stock, non-lifted, still-had-running-boards on it TJ.  Go figure.

35 minutes ago, DesertRat1991 said:

half of the new Jeeps on the road out here are driven by soccer moms

:yeahthat:   At least 7 in 10.   Not the Gladiator so much, but every other newer Jeep model.