what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Got a gear box installed last night in jeep. My building has shifted back to the overland setup. I really enjoy driving the jeep every where so it shall be built to do just that. :L:

Had to pull the bed liner out though. Anyone in need of a comanche long bed bed liner? 

20191122_022017.jpg

20191122_022056.jpg

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DesertRat1991 said:

Painted and mounted a set of Krustyballer's SWB sliders:

ZLd7eCy.jpg

eXJjJS4.jpg

Damn son, that's a pretty '91 SporTruck. Original paint? If not, how did you have the stickers reproduced?

Just wrapped up a ZJ steering box swap on my own '91 SporTruck. IT SUCKED to do alone, but I got it, breaking the fuel return line in the process. The stainless braided fuel feed line from a '95 ZJ is a good replacement and a much more durable part all around, so it shouldn't ever be able to happen again. Might get another one later on to replace the original fuel feed line - the plastic soft parts have gotten brittle with age.

The ZJ box produces an immediately noticeable improvement in steering response. I adjusted it to the factory procedure (note for later: 99.999% of people adjust their steering box INCORRECTLY and risk damage to the steering box by doing so) and it feels much tighter than the original. Steering effort is considerably higher (a good thing), but I can't tell for sure if that's how it should be, since I haven't completely finished bleeding the power steering system yet.

3 hours ago, Minuit said:

Damn son, that's a pretty '91 SporTruck. Original paint? If not, how did you have the stickers reproduced?

3 hours ago, rylee144 said:

Wow that looks good

3 hours ago, JMO413 said:

Beautiful truck!!! :eek:

Thanks, fellas!

The paint was touched up at some point in the past and I've added a fair share of trail scuffs and scratches since I've owned it, but she still cleans up nice. 

The graphics are original.  Way way back, I spent several days working with q-tips and acetone solution to clean all the overspray off the graphics, corner lenses and tail lights. 

5 hours ago, JeepJoe said:

I think a better question is what NEEDS done to my comanche...

answer: new clutch =(

Go with a Luk Gold Repset. That’s what I put in mine 241k ago.

That includes doing stunts like these.7C5FCFF7-39A9-420C-9EAC-1E45C07C301D.jpeg.3c0ad05bd6f1f652de5bd0b7f147b754.jpegD10D213A-BCED-4E2C-A767-945112124659.jpeg.6dd022758eb6389f21ef6b5a96df8211.jpeg

The bus was hauled from Knoxville TN to Winsted CT up I-81-I-84 to Winsted CT.

The MJ was hauled up I-95 from Woodbridge VA.

On 12/26/2019 at 4:37 PM, DesertRat1991 said:

Painted and mounted a set of Krustyballer's SWB sliders:

ZLd7eCy.jpg

eXJjJS4.jpg

I agree with the other commenters … that looks great!  What are the lift and tire sizes? 

As for me, I drove mine on a 3 hr. round trip to buy a $20 radio from an '89 XJ.   I needed the drive more than another radio but it was good to get both.

picture.php?albumid=5837&pictureid=92061

22 minutes ago, Minuit said:

That's the spirit!

lol.   I don't think my pile of radios is nearly as high as yours!   Honestly, when I see a guy selling things like this for as little as $20 I'm just happy he's not throwing it out.   I'd sooner put it on my shelf and give it to an MJ/XJ owner in "need" rather than see that happen!   

20 hours ago, DesertRat1991 said:

Thanks!  See sig for lift and tire specs.

Oops!   I was too busy admiring your MJ and over looked the obvious.  I have the same combination on my LJ and was thinking of doing it to my MJ.