CC cookbook

jdog

7 minutes ago, derf said:

I'm going to fire up the fryer for a turkey this year.  I have a good concrete pad away from the house.

good to hear its away from the house, you gonna use a cherrypicker?

On 4/19/2020 at 2:35 PM, dasbulliwagen said:

Potato cheese soup. Awesome! The recipe is scalable, and it's a little smoother if you substitute heavy cream for the milk. I'm not sure why it's called cheddar, because there's no cheddar in it.

Cheese Soup.jpg

chilly night here so i made this, you are correct it is awesome

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made Mississippi Pot Roast earlier this week. Maybe the easiest way to make tasty meat ever.

~3lb chuck roast, sear in skillet. 

Add to crockpot, top with 1 stick butter, 1 packet au jus gravy mix, 1 packet Ranch dressing mix.

Add as many pepperoncini peppers as you'd like and 1/4 cup of the juice.

Cook on low for 8hrs. I don't care much for regular roast, but man, this was good stuff. Save the drippings for gravy.

I eat about as much Salmon as a Polar bear. I don't order it in restaurants because someone has wanted to make a masterpiece out of it and spoiled the natural flavors. I buy frozen crosscut pieces from Sam's Club, individually wrapped.  Remove from shrink wrap. Place on microwave dish. Lots of lemon pepper, not lemon juice and pepper. Lowrey's is my favorite but I use McCormick also. Place paper towels over it. Microwave 2 minutes. Turn over. More lemon pepper. Cook another minute and half. Lemon pepper is pretty mild. You can't over do it. Won't smell up the place but if you use Salmon with skin, it will. Enjoy.

A traditional winter recipe I enjoy and a staple at any sort of holiday feast is tourtière. It’s a very French-Canadian meat pie sort of dish, and recipes vary considerably depending on what’s available regionally. For me growing up it’s typically a combination of ground pork and beef, or pork mixed with deer, elk, or moose, whatever’s at hand really. Apparently out on the coast it’s even common to use fish, but I’m not too sure how I feel about that. And it needs savory to taste right, some recipes substitute sage, but a combination is definitely best. 
My mémère isn’t French so I don’t have a family recipe like everyone else, but this is pretty close to the best recipe I’ve found:

https://www.thefooddictator.com/the-hirshon-manitoba-tourtiere/

I’m throwing a couple together tonight with pork and bison to bake tomorrow. Sortilège whiskey instead of the brandy. Can’t wait.

not so much a recipe as much as a new tool in my toolbox, but I bought a used sandwich toaster. :D  not for sandwiches, but for crisping up my homemade oatmeal/raisin/banana cookies (that are perfect when fresh, but turn all soft within an hour of baking).  works great!  :D

20210102_192732.jpg

20210102_192724.jpg

7 minutes ago, Pete M said:

not so much a recipe as much as a new tool in my toolbox, but I bought a used sandwich toaster. :D  not for sandwiches, but for crisping up my homemade oatmeal/raisin/banana cookies (that are perfect when fresh, but turn all soft within an hour of baking).  works great!  :D

20210102_192732.jpg

20210102_192724.jpg

looks like it could make a mean grilled cheese