CC cookbook

jdog

On 6/3/2021 at 10:29 AM, Pete M said:

yeah, that chicken was taaaasty! :drool:  I think I might need a smoker at the house (and father's day is coming up...)

"hey dad, I got you a new toy!"  :laugh:

I love smoked meat, I bet it was tasty

On 4/1/2020 at 8:28 AM, Ωhm said:

Meat Loaf (I grew up on this)
2 lbs:  Hamburger
1 cup:  Milk
1 cup:  Bread crumbs (fine)
1/4 cup: Ketchup
2 ea:  Eggs
2 teaspoons: Salt
3/4: Diced Onion
Mix well and Bake:  350° for 1 hour

This has been my go to meatloaf recipe, thank you for sharing it

• 3 weeks later...

boiling up some rhubarb and strawberries for waffles/toast/bagels/whatever  :drool:  seriously looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!  in fact, I might throw some on some vanilla ice cream tonight :D 

20210625_203500.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made chicken tinga tacos with roasted corn pineapple salsa, avocado crema and crispy cheese taco shells. Tried to take a picture of the finished product but couldn't keep them on a plate long enough..... They were delicious

IMG_20210730_194008368_HDR.jpg

slice up cukes however you want, pack very tightly into jars, add liquid and dill, cap, boil, let cool, wait and agonizing 6 months. 

liquid mixture: 2 cups water, 2 cups white vinegar, 3 cups sugar, 2 tbl salt.

I can't wait!!  :drool:  I missed out on doing it last year so it's been a long, long while since I've had a sandwich with sweet dill.

20210729_184417.jpg

On 7/31/2021 at 12:16 AM, fiatslug87 said:

:eek: the hanging cuke garden really produced this year :L:

I wish. :(  the ground cukes are doing well, but the bucket cukes are really struggling.  I'm going to have to change it up again next time.  maybe start them even sooner in the year. 

Saw this in another group. It would be a convenient gluten-free option in a pinch, provided the hot dogs are also GF. Better than a lettuce wrap by far, although competitive with a corn tortilla if you planned that far in advance.290EFD58-D705-4E59-B805-7FC52259E744.jpeg.426732d3a5dc530d694bcff13de4f7d8.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

jdog.....cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds (or not, if you want really spicy).  I like to then lay them out on a plate cut side down and microwave them for a minute or so to par cook them, but you can continue with them raw if you want to.  Cube up some block cheese of your choice (cheddar, or my preference is jalapeno jack) and fill each one.  Then wrap them with a half slice of raw bacon (I like to par cook the bacon a bit as well, but you don't have to).  Secure each one with a toothpick so the bacon doesn't unravel and then either bake them in a hot oven (or over indirect heat on the grill) until the bacon browns and the cheese melts a bit.  Enjoy.  

Warning:  they are quite addictive.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Pete M said:

had sloppy joes with mac-n-cheese on them today.  something about those things just goes together. :D 

I usually put bbq on Mac and cheese. But this works as well

this is close to what I used to make back in the day.  except with red beans and canned corn.  it was never the same thing twice so it's kinda hard to pin it down. :dunno:  I like lots of stuff in my chili.  :brows:

oh and lots more cheese added on top once it's in a bowl. :D