CC cookbook

jdog

Yeah...pizza eggs happened here today.  Had 3 leftover pepperoni slices.  I grabbed an onion and a bell pepper, diced them up and added them to the diced up pizza.  A little extra mozzarella on top of it all too.  Holy crap, that's a beautiful dish:beerchug:

image.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, derf said:

Dry waffles?  Are you insane man?  Ain't nobody got time for that.

you've never toasted your bread before making a sandwich?  obviously all breads are not equal, but you can really get some fantastic flavors from it :D 

I've got cauliflower/Parmesan soup going on tonight, with a dead-of-summer heirloom tomato salad with fresh basil and some truffle oil with a grilled salami and mozzarella sammich.  It's 102 degrees here right now....ain't nobody got tine for a full, real-deal dinner, lol.

here's the salad and soup....ill be grilling the sammiches in about an hour.  Along with some sausage patties for my breakfast tomorrow:beerchug:

image.jpeg

The other night, Mrs. Maveric made a crustless "messy pizza bake," with pepperoni, sausage, onion, bell pepper and sauce, topped with mozzarella. Really delicious, and for me, very keto-friendly. But after dinner, I posited the question of what it would be like in a roll, and the next day for lunch, she heated the leftovers and put it in a bun...it was a bit messy, but still quite delicious!

^^^theres a local pizza chain down here pimping the same thing.....just a bunch of toppings and sauce in a disposable tin, no crust.  $7.99 each, I bet they're making a killing.  I might actually grab a couple of them for dinner tomorrow night.

Tonight is semi-vegetarian, lol.  Zucchini lasagne with some home grown (not by me:laugh:) cuke spears, and I'm gonna fry up some diced salami to top the lasagne with.

image.jpeg

Grilled some carne asada and made some chimi and roasted corn. 

Basics are

Cumin

Paprika

Chili flakes

Mesquite rub

Salt

Pepper

Garlic

Olive oil

Mix it another and let it sit for a bit with the meat

Chimi

Parsley (been tinkering between cilantro and parsley and prefer cilantro)

Garlic

Fresno pepper

Jalapeno 

Salt

Pepper

Red wine vinegar 

Olive oil

20200730_175055.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

so we made some of my great-grandma's oatmeal raisin cookies today.  I always like to mix it up with the last couple and try some added ingredients and I think I've struck gold with adding in banana.  it's gloriously fantastic.  :D  I'm doing the entire batch this way next time.  :popcorn:

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, jdog said:

anybody got any recipes for zucchini?

Plain and simple, broil it. Slice them up, brush melted butter on them, and seasoning (salt, pepper, old bay, etc etc...My mom put on garlic powder and Parmesan cheese). Broil for 9 minutes each side. 

48 minutes ago, jdog said:

anybody got any recipes for zucchini?

Fried zucchini. 

Important first step with all zucchini (grandmother showed me this and swears by it): cut of each end and rub the cutoffs on the now exposed ends. Lots of white foamy stuff will show up, wash that off before doing anything else. Might be an old wife's tale, but I trust my granny and do it every-time. She always said this takes the bitter out of a zucchini.

After the above, slice into rounds. You decide how thick to make them. Then get three bowls ready, one with a flour + pepper + seasoning mix, one with egg + milk beaten together until frothy, and the final one with crushed, fine powdered saltine crackers. Take each slice and dredge it in the flour, then egg wash, then press on cracker mixture. Final part is to fry them up golden brown. I recommend peanut oil in a cast iron skillet, but I'm not sure if that really makes a difference. I just use cast iron for everything.

Its a summertime staple from my childhood.

Pro-tip: While they are still hot, put a small chunk of velveeta on them and let it melt in. Glorious calories for when you are working from sun-up till sun-down, like I used to.

1 hour ago, 87MJTIM said:

Plain and simple, broil it. Slice them up, brush melted butter on them, and seasoning (salt, pepper, old bay, etc etc...My mom put on garlic powder and Parmesan cheese). Broil for 9 minutes each side. 

thank you, gonna broil me up some now

15 minutes ago, JustEmptyEveryPocket said:

Fried zucchini. 

Important first step with all zucchini (grandmother showed me this and swears by it): cut of each end and rub the cutoffs on the now exposed ends. Lots of white foamy stuff will show up, wash that off before doing anything else. Might be an old wife's tale, but I trust my granny and do it every-time. She always said this takes the bitter out of a zucchini.

After the above, slice into rounds. You decide how thick to make them. Then get three bowls ready, one with a flour + pepper + seasoning mix, one with egg + milk beaten together until frothy, and the final one with crushed, fine powdered saltine crackers. Take each slice and dredge it in the flour, then egg wash, then press on cracker mixture. Final part is to fry them up golden brown. I recommend peanut oil in a cast iron skillet, but I'm not sure if that really makes a difference. I just use cast iron for everything.

Its a summertime staple from my childhood.

Pro-tip: While they are still hot, put a small chunk of velveeta on them and let it melt in. Glorious calories for when you are working from sun-up till sun-down, like I used to.

will have to try this with the next one, i've got a few to work with

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

Does anyone have a pizza crust recipe? Or, what pizza crust do you buy for homemade pizzas?

thin?  thick?  stuffed?  crispy?  for homemade crust I prefer a thick puffy crust.  :drool:  I searched around and this one is approximately what I've done:

8 hours ago, Pete M said:

thin?  thick?  stuffed?  crispy?  for homemade crust I prefer a thick puffy crust.  :drool:  I searched around and this one is approximately what I've done:

Thank you! I’ll chech this out. 

What style doesnt really matter. 

Tomato jam

My tomato plants are out of control, sadly most of the fruits are fubar because of the excessive rain we've been having here (about 11" over the last couple weeks:sad:).  Most of them are splitting and/or rotting on the stem before I can get to them.  I pulled about 3 lbs worth off today, pared them up (saved the seeds for next years planting) and made a small batch of tomato jam.  This is something you make today to eat tomorrow and later on.  I got about 2 lbs worth of edible fruit after paring, chopped them all up and threw them into a heavy bottom pot.  Added about a1/3 cup of local honey, a splash of apple cider vinegar, some kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.  Simmered the whole mess for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, then let it cool for a bit.  Pushed it all through a colander in the hopes to strain out the skins but that didn't really work out so well, so I just stirred it all together.  Ended up with about 1.5 cups of the most concentrated, dead-of-summer tomato jam you could ever imagine.  Once cooled and congealed, it will make one heck of a good spread on crostini, BLT's, or dolloped onto a plate with some fresh basil and mozzarella cheese, among other things:beerchug:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg