CC cookbook

jdog

Any meatloaf recipe but cook in smoker.

when you put in pan, put it in the freezer for 30 min. Get smoker going ready with favorite wood chips. Set smoker to 225 . Put in smoker for about 3 1/2 hrs or longer depending on size of loaf.

How about this....

Native Bread (Bannock) Great on the trail

The most common way to cook bannock is in a skillet on the stovetop or over an open fire. But you can bake it, flipping the whole thing halfway through so that it was evenly golden and crisp.

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 ½-2 cups warm water
¼ cup lard or butter (for baked or traditional bannock)
oil for cooking (for stovetop bannock)

In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.

For baked bannock: Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in the water, then stir just until combined.

Spread the dough into a greased or parchment-lined 9×13-inch pan and drop three dollops of lard (or butter) onto the top of the batter. Bake in a preheated 400˚F oven for 20-25 minutes, turning once to brown the other side.

For stovetop bannock: Gradually add enough water to moisten the ingredients

and bring the mixture together in a ball. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead about 10 times.

Shape the dough into round patties about ½-inch thick. Cook on an oiled skillet for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.

For Traditional, form the dough around a stick like you would a hot dog and cook it over the fire.

I like easy to make food and one of my favorites is a breakfast dip.

1lb of sausage
1 block of cream cheese
1 can of rotel

-Cook the sausage in a pot, then drain the meat
-Add the block of cream cheese and mix till fully melted
-drain and add rotel then mix it all together

It’s good with Fritos and tortilla chips. You can choose different flavors of sausage and different rotel depending on your taste and how much you like spice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/3/2020 at 2:51 PM, yxmj said:

For Traditional, form the dough around a stick like you would a hot dog and cook it over the fire.

We always rolled it out into a big long snake and wrapped that in a spiral around a stick to cook it over the fire. Goes great with a big pot of moose stew. 

I'm also a big fan of the Knorr side dishes and using them as a base for a casserole.  cook the rice, then add whatever big chunks of goodness you'd like (chicken, veggies, etc).  today I added chopped polish sausage to a creamy chicken rice because, well, that's what I've got on hand.  tastes great! :D 

Martha Stewart's prison skillet chocolate chip cookie

6 tablespoons of unsalted butter

1/3 cup of packed dark-brown sugar

1/2 cup of granulated sugar

1 large egg

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars with a wooden spoon. Stir in egg and vanilla.

Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chips. Transfer to 10 inch cast-iron skillet; smooth top.

Bake until golden brown and just set in center 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.

IMG_20200329_141431.jpg

I scored a humongous whole bone-in ham for Easter.  Way too much for just me and my wife, so i cut it in half via sawzall yesterday morning (the look on my wife's face was priceless when I came in from the garage with the saw:laugh:).  Cooked half, had a great dinner.  Today I took a chunk of the cooked half, cut the bone out and made Senate bean soup with it for dinner tonight, along with some sammiches.

1 lb dried navy beans, picked over

1 hunk of cooked ham with bone (or a couple smoked hocks if you don't have leftover ham)

1 white onion, chopped

1 large rib of celery, chopped

2-3 cloves garlic, to taste, minced

2-3 dried bay leaves

1 cup instant mashed potato flakes

1 quart water, plus any leftover water from cooking ham

Cover beans with cold water and bring to a boil.  Turn off heat, cover and let sit for 2 hours.  Drain beans, add quart of water, ham jus, and ham/bone (or hocks if using).  Add vegetables and bay leaves and bring to a low boil.  Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1.5 hours.  Remove ham/bone/hocks, let cool slightly, shred meat and return to soup.  Stir in potato flakes, then mash up some of the beans with a hand-potato masher (you can strain some beans out and blend them in a blender or food processor and return them to the pot, but I like the texture better when hand-mashing them).  Stir and cover soup and simmer another 30-45 minutes until thickened to your desired consistency.  Remove bay leaves and serve.

image.jpeg

I scored a humongous whole bone-in ham for Easter.  Way too much for just me and my wife, so i cut it in half via sawzall yesterday morning (the look on my wife's face was priceless when I came in from the garage with the saw).  Cooked half, had a great dinner.  Today I took a chunk of the cooked half, cut the bone out and made Senate bean soup with it for dinner tonight, along with some sammiches.

1 lb dried navy beans, picked over
1 hunk of cooked ham with bone (or a couple smoked hocks if you don't have leftover ham)
1 white onion, chopped
1 large rib of celery, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, to taste, minced
2-3 dried bay leaves
1 cup instant mashed potato flakes
1 quart water, plus any leftover water from cooking ham

Cover beans with cold water and bring to a boil.  Turn off heat, cover and let sit for 2 hours.  Drain beans, add quart of water, ham jus, and ham/bone (or hocks if using).  Add vegetables and bay leaves and bring to a low boil.  Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1.5 hours.  Remove ham/bone/hocks, let cool slightly, shred meat and return to soup.  Stir in potato flakes, then mash up some of the beans with a hand-potato masher (you can strain some beans out and blend them in a blender or food processor and return them to the pot, but I like the texture better when hand-mashing them).  Stir and cover soup and simmer another 30-45 minutes until thickened to your desired consistency.  Remove bay leaves and serve.
image.jpeg.7b096d36b7bb4c82fb386ff5a59876f1.jpeg
Yum, would love to see that look.

today I've found you can mix the rice dish with the soup.   

(it's possible I'm running low on food at this house, lol.  but I'm heading south soon so it doesn't matter.) 
Rice mixes with a lot of dishes, usually helps for a good grain or filler. I find myself mixing rice into a lot of dishes

30 minutes ago, jdog said:
37 minutes ago, Drahcir495 said:
I have a wicked BLT recipe. It uses mayonnaise, lettuce and bacon on toasted bread. Nah, I can only make Dintymoore stew. 

No tomato? Ever but guacamole on it?

Then it becomes an LGBT+. Lettuce, guacamole, bacon, tomato.

*now hiding from potential SJW reprisals* 

:peep: 

46 minutes ago, JustEmptyEveryPocket said:

Then it becomes an LGBT+. Lettuce, guacamole, bacon, tomato.

*now hiding from potential SJW reprisals* 

:peep: 

I’m from the generation that would get offended by this. This is funny. 

24 minutes ago, Drahcir495 said:

I got the LGBT 🏳️‍🌈, but can someone fill me in on the SJW?

"Social Justice Warrior".  Someone who is religious about their social cause and gets in everyone's face about it.  They have absolutely no sense of humor and tend to be very shrill when talking about their chosen topic.

Examples include many people supporting LGBTQ.. whatever the acronym is now.  But also I've been assailed by religious types going around knocking on doors during Halloween preaching against paganism, even yelling through the door that has been shut in their face.  The topics can vary greatly but the personality traits are very common regardless of the cause they choose.