CC cookbook

jdog

1 hour ago, derf said:

Add one ingredient.

6 strips bacon (4 if thick cut bacon), cut into 1/8" to1/4" strips (i.e. uncooked bacon bits).

I've added green peppers or mushrooms or both, but it just added water. Water don't work, but bacon hummmmmm.

10 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

I've added green peppers or mushrooms or both, but it just added water. Water don't work, but bacon hummmmmm.

If you're concerned about moisture content, you can pre-cook the bacon and drain it.  The crispy bits will soften up a little while they cook more inside the loaf.  Works either way.

For the peppers and mushrooms, you could always cut back on the milk a little to compensate for the moisture.

49 minutes ago, derf said:

If you're concerned about moisture content, you can pre-cook the bacon and drain it.  The crispy bits will soften up a little while they cook more inside the loaf.  Works either way.

For the peppers and mushrooms, you could always cut back on the milk a little to compensate for the moisture.

Sounds like you know your way around a kitchen. Great work around's. Mom (RIP), you know I love you, but I got to try these ideas.

24 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Sounds like you know your way around a kitchen. Great work around's. Mom (RIP), you know I love, but I got to try these ideas.

Mom taught me the basics on how to fend for myself and I have experimented with a bunch of things over the years.  I'm a fair cook.  Not a chef by any stretch of the imagination but I don't burn Kool-Aid most of the time.  A lot of the experiments I went with over the years were lessons on how not to do it.  But that's just as valuable as the successes.

2 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Using thighs or breasts? Gotta let me know how it comes out and be prepared for some smoke. Don’t be afraid to have them cook slowly. 

We only had breasts at home. I’m excited to give them a shot. 

My mother thought it was hilarious that we have a CC Cookbook!

I like spicy food, so here is my recipe. 

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich

1. Cook and Shred Chicken

2. Mix chicken with Alfredo sauce and Buffalo sauce. The oranger the sauces are combined, the spicier it will be!

3. Put inside a Bagette

4. Put in oven at 350 degrees until Bagette starts to get brown on edges. 

Enjoy!

tonight's dinner:

Campbell's chunky: creamy chicken and dumplings

add in half a can of Delmonte gold+white corn 

add in half a can of chicken

nuke to temp.

eat 'til full. 

'fridgerate the rest for tomorrow's lunch.

easy and delicious.  :cool:

Oh my goodness @eaglescout526, that Frosted Flake chicken was amazing. It was better than Chick-Fil-A, and I love Chick-Fil-A! It was a hit for the whole family. I’m making the leftovers tomorrow’s breakfast. Thanks for sharing! (I was trying to prep it in a hurry and some of the breading fell off because yolk got in the flakes). 

A577988D-502E-4897-96E3-57F33A16F13D.jpeg.c83ec965ea8a5fa0c87fde6a836cd14b.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Pete M said:

tonight's dinner:

Campbell's chunky: creamy chicken and dumplings

add in half a can of Delmonte gold+white corn 

add in half a can of chicken

nuke to temp.

eat 'til full. 

'fridgerate the rest for tomorrow's lunch.

easy and delicious.  :cool:

can of chicken? like chicken chunks?

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

Well if we can't go out and work on our MJ's or go to work. Why not try others home recipes. Like others my mom came up with this one. 

yep, never know what recipes you'll get, always interesting and usually tasty

47 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Oh my goodness @eaglescout526, that Frosted Flake chicken was amazing. It was better than Chick-Fil-A, and I love Chick-Fil-A! It was a hit for the whole family. I’m making the leftovers tomorrow’s breakfast. Thanks for sharing! (I was trying to prep it in a hurry and some of the breading fell off because yolk got in the flakes). 

A577988D-502E-4897-96E3-57F33A16F13D.jpeg.c83ec965ea8a5fa0c87fde6a836cd14b.jpeg

Awesome, I am glad y'all enjoyed it! I think I'm gonna make some this weekend now that I'm craving it.

21 minutes ago, jdog said:

gotcha, just making sure :thanks:  will have to try it, sounds like a quick chicken dish

most of the premade soups are great, but usually lacking enough... stuff.  at least not as much I like prefer.  I like stews more than soups. :D 

Never Mined Meat Loaf…….Stuffed Meat Log….

You can use any “Meat” ….I have a grinder so with this one I used what I had in the fridge so it is about 60% Beef 30% pork and 10% chicken. I will do 2 here.

You start by getting the biggest zip lock bag you can (you will see why) and fill it with your meat....if you leave a corner unzipped you can flatten it easy

904752084_loaf002.jpg.fc97b3e1962dbbc7098de7d8818e979a.jpg

Now take a knife or a pair of scissors and carefully cut up the side of each bag so it opens and flaps up over the bottom.

806950298_loaf003.jpg.82a2af12f8eb8a0248a53ea02cd9ad7a.jpg

Now start adding the Flavors......Mustard

1787066573_loaf004.jpg.e534d790e06d418f125a72af78bd8a5a.jpg

Then Mushrooms

521779021_loaf005.jpg.e130ac90902b202412b595725bb6cd3e.jpg 

Spinach

540499756_loaf006.jpg.49f718dfc678ad54283f81d044db9ba5.jpg                    

Marble Cheeze

1887580929_loaf007.jpg.6c5309402f7b005f5d62b357c8e84a9d.jpg       

Ham

Some Famous Ray’s BBQ Sauce

1181716495_loaf009.jpg.c918ca77ca67e9053440c92d6b6c24bd.jpg

OK…..if you look you can see I left a border of about an inch all the way around……so now if I grab the edge of the bag nearest to me and slowly lift… I can start to roll it up like a chunk of carpet…..lift a bit….let it roll on itself ….lift a bit….let it roll…..until you have formed a meat log…

854136914_loaf010.jpg.fd22b41f7b0c54bba4b28899e5074ef8.jpg

You can cook in the oven….BBQ…..but I did mine over apple wood for 3 hours

1329710642_loaf011.jpg.531b0b6639ccd051dacb60c01e830c5c.jpg

Last pic was with someone else’s phone but you can see the layers and get the Drift…..YUMMMMMYYY

1337039219_loaf012.jpg.93088427d4e94d66a942eaf14bf4d95b.jpg

Thanks for Looking......Mod.....I can't figure out why the ham pic below keeps showing up at the bottom

I tried deleting it but it keeps showing up....if easy can you remove the bottom pic?

loaf 008.jpg

when you go to edit your post, scroll down to the bottom and hit the little trash can on the pic to completely remove it.  :L:  If a pic isn't already used in the text, the software will throw it in at the bottom of the post. 

looks super yummy!  :drool:

Here's my favorite meat loaf recipe:

1 ¼ pounds ground beef

1 pound ground Italian sausage meat (pork, no casings)

1 egg, beaten

1 small green bell pepper, chopped

1 onion, chopped

½ cup Malt-o-Meal (or similar dry hot wheat cereal)

½ cup milk

1 dash Worcestershire sauce

Salt and Pepper to taste

Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce

How To:

Preheat oven to 400deg.

Mix everything together - excluding the BBQ sauce - then pack into a loaf pan.

Bake until internal temp reaches 155deg.

Remove from oven, drain excess grease from pan, top the loaf with a thin coat of BBQ sauce.

Return to oven for 2-5mins under the broiler on HIGH.  Just long enough for the sauce to get sizzling and toasty.

Remove and let stand 10mins before serving.  Watch for internal temp to climb to 160deg min.