CC cookbook

jdog

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not cooking for Easter.  My wife and I always drive up to Philly to spend a few days with her "aunt and uncle",  which really aren't her direct aunt and uncle.  Long story, but they're semi-related.  She (Aunt Minnie) does all the cooking LOL.  She'll be 80 this year, her uncle is 85.....and can damn near drink me beer for beer.

It's our one little getaway holiday every year that we don't spend with either of our direct families.  We lie to each side and say we're staying home for Easter, and then "sneak" up to Philly.  Good times.  Ham, potatoes, rolls, all the usual trimmings, and Yuengling beer (yuk!).:laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

tonight i made a cup of Minute rice (chicken flavored), Ikea meatballs (quartered), and a dab of sweet and sour.  tasted pretty good, actually. 

follow me for more I-just-don't-feel-like-cooking-tonight recipes.

• 2 months later...

the other day I made dinner using ground turkey (still can't tolerate beef), mexican shredded cheese, salsa, and a dash of hot sauce.  nuked it til hot and then consumed with scoopedcorn chips.  nothing new or original there, but man was it good.  :D 

I don't like nachos or taco salads when they drench hot stuff all over the chips which then get hot and soggy.  :crazy:  just keep them separate and all is well. :D

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I seriously need to get into smoking meats.  :drool:

Dr's advise not to get into smoking, maybe they don't mean meat lol. but it's just so good and the meat is just so tasty

• 1 month later...