so what projects are y'all working on?

Pete M

since the world is still shut down and it doesn't look like I will be bartending again any time soon I've started on Cruiser54's wonderful list. I got a few done today before it rained, and I found out that P/O didn't like the tail light ground for the fuel pump so now I have to find the new one :fistshake2:

One of cruiser’s tips is relocating the fuel pump ground. I’d look at that one first. 

15 hours ago, Comanchejess said:

since the world is still shut down and it doesn't look like I will be bartending again any time soon I've started on Cruiser54's wonderful list. I got a few done today before it rained, and I found out that P/O didn't like the tail light ground for the fuel pump so now I have to find the new one :fistshake2:

1 hour ago, rylee144 said:

All done 

20200402_181910.jpg

Nice work!

I'm afraid if I where to show my wife she'd be like that's great when you going to start......

Meanwhile I'm trying to finish the basement and a million other things. 

added a new circuit for the fridge the other day.  today I ran a new 20amp for the washer/dryer.  oh, and I hooked up the outlets I installed in the basement years ago when I rebuilt that wall.  ran out of electrical work I can do without running to a store.  oh well. 

On 4/7/2020 at 5:07 PM, gogmorgo said:

One of cruiser’s tips is relocating the fuel pump ground. I’d look at that one first. 

I hadn't quite gotten that far on the list. hopefully I'll have a minute this weekend to be able to look into that a little closer.

In between work and playing with the kids, I managed to find a bit of free time to work on my basement.    Here's a before and after pic.   In all fairness, I started this at the beginning of January, but during the "Stay at Home Order" I managed to build the shelves behind the bar, and install the flooring.   Today I will be installing the floor transitions at the door jambs where the flooring ends, which is the last thing needed to finish the floor.   I'm holding off on base molding until the walls are mudded and taped.  (I would have held off on the floor too, but someone else in my house wanted it installed)

I am also working on the Duster that I posted earlier.   Pulled a couple late nighters this weekend/week and managed to get the Master cylinder, line lock, adj prop valve, all new custom bent hard lines and soft lines replaced.  I bled everything once, but there's still a little air in the system, picked up more brake fluid yesterday to finish bleeding them.  It was a nightmare trying to package all of those parts in such a small area, it more or less had to be assembled on the bench and snaked into place.  I'm also cleaning up some wiring, and putting heat/noise insulation on the inside.  I really need to take more pics to show this stuff off!!

20191122_150619.jpg

20200407_164301.jpg

After.jpg

Before.JPG

That looks great! Being from the Midwest I grew up with a basement, my did finished ours out when we were young, great getaway place. Now being in Florida for a good chunk of my life, haven't had one but really miss it from time to time. 

Thanks, we use our basement a lot, it's a good hangout space.   Our house is a colonial, so the basement is kinda small, and the fullsize pool table eats up a ton of space.     On the other side of that wall I put in a movie room as well, it has 3 different levels and an audio system that the neighbors can hear!

Since my Comanche is back on the road, I've been working on getting my Mustang back on the road. She's been down for 2 years now getting the twin turbo treatment.

For those that want a build list:

5.0L V8 5 speed manual, AFR185 ported polished heads, F303 cam, Ford Racing push rods and head gasket, Comp Cams roller rockers, AFR head studs, twin 55 trim turbos, BBK fuel pressure regulator, 340 LPH fuel pump, 80 lb injectors. Lots of other goodies.

20200413_202517.jpg.94012a241266e3b656104707633a4433.jpg

7 hours ago, barimpact said:

Since my Comanche is back on the road, I've been working on getting my Mustang back on the road. She's been down for 2 years now getting the twin turbo treatment.

For those that want a build list:

5.0L V8 5 speed manual, AFR185 ported polished heads, F303 cam, Ford Racing push rods and head gasket, Comp Cams roller rockers, AFR head studs, twin 55 trim turbos, BBK fuel pressure regulator, 340 LPH fuel pump, 80 lb injectors. Lots of other goodies.

20200413_202517.jpg.94012a241266e3b656104707633a4433.jpg

We are going to need a build thread for that. 

Only took 15 or so years but we finally have one of those elongated toilets for those of us with larger rear ends. Bought the house 18 years ago and this was First on the list. But last to be done.56f38687cf24e31c3ebad9e937bcfe89.jpg

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

Been getting work done on my 67 Chevrolet Corvair.  Gutted the interior, found rust in drivers side front floor.  Purchased a patch panel and the car is in the shop getting the patch installed.  Most of the rest of the inside is just surface rust, cleaned and coated with 3 coats of Por-15.  Also had all seats recovered with replacement stock upholstery.    Sound insulation goes in next then new carpet, headlier, etc.

Comanche Content:  Matt Whitbread, his girlfriend and Matt's 2 8 year old nieces stop by last Thursday on the way to visit family in San Diego.  Had a great time watching the girls play in the yard.  Once I finish the 67 Corvair, it will be back to the Comanche TDI

Matt took the plastic inter cooler from the TDI  Comanche home with him and will make an all aluminum replacement.  The stock plastic inter-cooler was not up to retaining the 25 psi boost of the VW TDI engine.  Plastic end split open.  Hope to see this in a month or so.

Then I had a water intrusion problem with a rental I own.  Still dealing with that.  Carpet is trashed, had 1.5 inches of water in the living room.  $2900 in just clean up costs so far.  More to come when we repair the damage. 

Still dealing with the COVID-19 lock down,  Stay safe all of you.  But a good time to get some things done.

JJ

1 minute ago, johnj92131 said:

Been getting work done on my 67 Chevrolet Corvair.  Gutted the interior, found rust in drivers side front floor.  Purchased a patch panel and the car is in the shop getting the patch installed.  Most of the rest of the inside is just surface rust, cleaned and coated with 3 coats of Por-15.  Also had all seats recovered with replacement stock upholstery.    Sound insulation goes in next then new carpet, headlier, etc.

Build thread?

I bought my first car, 86 CJ7 in 2001. pulled the motor for a trade in 08. It has sat ever since. Been slowly building an AMC 360 for it since 2007 (like I said, slowly), a few hundred dollars at a time. Put the valve covers and oil pan on the other day Now just waiting for a new dizzy gear to arrive (if it does, the company took my money but isn't responding to emails...) then exhaust manifolds (hard to find an expensive when you do) and motor mounts and it will be a complete motor. Not quite ready to go in, but close. I'm so excited about this finally happening that I can hardly contain myself! I have a T18 to rebuild to replace the T5 it came with that will not handle that power, but the T5 will work for break-in and some time before I can afford the $700 for the rebuild kit and novak adapter. It is lifted 6" and up on durango 35's that I am hoping are going to not explode during the first drive after 12 years of sitting in new england. Looking forward to getting it on the road again, lots of memories tied up in that thing.

29 minutes ago, Gubachoo said:

I bought my first car, 86 CJ7 in 2001. pulled the motor for a trade in 08. It has sat ever since. Been slowly building an AMC 360 for it since 2007 (like I said, slowly), a few hundred dollars at a time. Put the valve covers and oil pan on the other day Now just waiting for a new dizzy gear to arrive (if it does, the company took my money but isn't responding to emails...) then exhaust manifolds (hard to find an expensive when you do) and motor mounts and it will be a complete motor. Not quite ready to go in, but close. I'm so excited about this finally happening that I can hardly contain myself! I have a T18 to rebuild to replace the T5 it came with that will not handle that power, but the T5 will work for break-in and some time before I can afford the $700 for the rebuild kit and novak adapter. It is lifted 6" and up on durango 35's that I am hoping are going to not explode during the first drive after 12 years of sitting in new england. Looking forward to getting it on the road again, lots of memories tied up in that thing.

nice!  :D  you should start a build thread on it!  :L: 

Just now, Pete M said:

nice!  :D  you should start a build thread on it!  :L: 

oh man, I'm so far along at this point I don't even know where to start. Didn't even know build threads were a thing for anything non MJ here until you said that and I looked into it. Maybe I'll hop on it tomorrow, might give me that little extra inspiration to get it done finally!

• Pete M changed the title to so what projects are y'all working on?