so what projects are y'all working on?

Pete M

what was once a single board, is now many.  :D   nearly finished.  just need to stabilize the bottom of the slide and find a way to give it a bit of "roof" (probably just a tarp).

20200506_202103.jpg

Nice work Pete :beerchug:

Yesterday, I decided to clean the headliner in the KJ.  I roll with windows down versus AC about 99% of the time and noticed the liner was a bit darker than normal.  I tried wiping it with a dry rag and that made it 1000X worse, so I broke out the carpet cleaner (that has a hand/wand adapter thingy on it to clean upholstery).  One thing led to another, and 5 hours later I ended up shampoo-ing the entire interior, cleaned all the glass inside, and detailed the engine.  LOL.  That got out of control quickly.....

headliner.jpg

headliner half.jpg

headliner clean.jpg

Ugh. Hottest day of the year so far, and I told the neighbor I would get rid of a downed tree for him.

Then we went out and replaced 30 boxwood shrubs one of the guys that works for me ran over. Dang circle driveways...

thumbnail_20200509_104924_resized.jpg

Weather has been very nice so I finished up the window treatments on the back of the house. I started this last spring and got the front windows and porch done. Roof, siding, painted brick, and garage door have been done over the last few years. 1st pic is 10 years old. Siding on the east side took an F1 tornado hit without a hiccup days after I got it installed.

oldhouse.png

IMG_20190725_114559.jpg

IMG_20190725_112745.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

'76 Buick Skylark S/R from my Sig line.

Currently have the car broken down in a million pieces, putting a Speedtech Performance Streetfighter front end under it which is requiring major frame modifications. 

1 hour ago, Tex06 said:

'76 Buick Skylark S/R from my Sig line.

Currently have the car broken down in a million pieces, putting a Speedtech Performance Streetfighter front end under it which is requiring major frame modifications. 

:eek:    how does this not have its own build thread!?  

19 hours ago, Pete M said:

:eek:    how does this not have its own build thread!?  

While I love taking pictures and building cars, I hate uploading and trying to make sense of it.  

I.E. I may not do a build thread but I would totally do a picture vomit post. Just a bunch of pics with no explanation. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Tex06 said:

While I love taking pictures and building cars, I hate uploading and trying to make sense of it.  

I.E. I may not do a build thread but I would totally do a picture vomit post. Just a bunch of pics with no explanation. :laugh:

close enough for me. :D 

994E7A2D-0667-4E72-A8F1-343AE605FD9B.jpeg.fc43a8e499edf88f99fcee87998d8ce3.jpegAA7A849F-DD75-4842-940C-EAA361FB9298.jpeg.fc263a9db5b39358c694f04b3520e18d.jpegI’ve been putting a bit of time in my IWI Tavor SAR making it more SHTF ready instead of just being a cool looking stock Bullpup rifle. I also use it for Missouri white tail. I’m sure a lot of people will tell me .223/5.56 is not a good round for deer hunting, I’ve heard it a million and a half times, but I’ve been hunting deer with that caliber for over ten years. I get one shot kills every time, however if I don’t have a clean shot, no matter the rack size, I just watch and hope it makes it until the next year.

built a garden box for my folks.  :D  still need to finish the protective screen.  metal around the perimeter to discourage mammals and plastic mesh for the rest to discourage birds.   each quadrant rotates up out of the way for access.  Pretty sure we planted too many things, but whatever. :laugh:  tomatoes, cukes, peppers and herbs. 

we bought "dirt" in a bag (not sure why, but down south dirt in a bag looks like rotted mulch, not dirt), covered it with ant-weed mat, then a bit of mulch for moisture retention.

20200528_202324.jpg

20200528_202344.jpg

Yeah, I like it. I might have to try something like it. I’ve got a six-foot fence around the yard, but so far it hasn’t quite worked to keep elk out, and last summer we lost the garden to them. 
It would also be a great frame to hang some plastic or something for an impromptu greenhouse to extend the growing season a bit. 

35 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

It would also be a great frame to hang some plastic or something for an impromptu greenhouse to extend the growing season a bit. 

that has been discussed for this winter. :L: 

It would of course let any heat out as soon as you opened it. But it would be excellent for us here where at the end of august it might still be getting up to 90° during the day, but it’ll freeze overnight. Mountain weather I tell you. :nuts:

• 3 months later...

Working on a budget dump trailer cause I be a broke mofo. Made use of the bed liner that I wasn't using in the rig. Figure I could make some side supports out of an old truck shell that was going to scrap. Then I would be able to put my topper on the trailer when not on the rig and use as an enclosed trailer to keep tools or materials dry. Or hell just setup camp out of it. :brows: now to get the hoist mounted then I'm ready for some log catching. Oh and maybe redo the lights again.. :doh:

20200901_201754.jpg

No pictures, but after 18 years My wife has decided it's time to renovate the master bathroom. At least the Jeep runs and drives but no money next month or two to tinker on it. New floor, paint lights, and a granite counter top and sinks and faucets. Pulled the trigger tonight on the contractor, (told her I wasn't doing it). Been looking at stuff and ordering for a month now. Now she's talking doing the kitchen again after the bathroom. I just redid it 8 years ago. But happy wife, happy life!

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Pete M changed the title to so what projects are y'all working on?