so what projects are y'all working on?

Pete M

fun times.  though I'm not sure I count it as a "project" since it's just straight-up repair of the horrible rubber bushings and a wheel bearing.  less than 100k miles on it and I've replaced every motor mount and half the suspension mounts.  thanks chrysler. 

20201225_124627.jpg

some stuff arrived today!  :D  also both fedex guys managed to back into the one lower branch on the west pear tree.  the first almost punctured his truck but it popped up and slid over, the second caught it different and ended up snapping off 10 ft of wood.  lol. :laugh:  one less thing I gotta trim I guess.

still missing a couple more pieces.

20201226_230449.jpg

Ive been discovering more sins made by the dip "stick" previous owner.

The basement had a bunch of outlets.  Turns out there were a total of 13 outlets on one circuit.  There also was a cubby for a small fridge and microwave, each with a dedicated 20A circuit.  :nuts:

So I took advantage of the drywall work to reuse those two circuits and split up the basement wiring.  I also moved one of the light switches to a better location.

PXL_20201228_013306798.jpg

PXL_20201228_200949192.jpg

the Cruiser is reassembled!  :banana:  ended up doing that suspension bushing on the other side too since it was hanging on by a thread.  ran out of daylight so tomorrow I'll go for a test drive and check my work. 

^^^so much that. :brickwall:

I absolutely can't stand stepping on a bit of anything on the kitchen floor when barefoot or in socks.  I sweep constantly, like every day and my wife always comments about me sweeping too much.  I just tell her to standby and see the pile of crap I end up with when I'm done (that usually shuts her up when she sees how "clean" the floor actually wasn't).

1 hour ago, mjeff87 said:

^^^so much that. :brickwall:

I absolutely can't stand stepping on a bit of anything on the kitchen floor when barefoot or in socks.  I sweep constantly, like every day and my wife always comments about me sweeping too much.  I just tell her to standby and see the pile of crap I end up with when I'm done (that usually shuts her up when she sees how "clean" the floor actually wasn't).

you can never sweep to much. :crazy: plus i never take my boots off until bed time.

44 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

you can never sweep to much. :crazy: plus i never take my boots off until bed time.

I guess house shoes or slippers aren't a thing up north?  

Not that I do it, unless you count flip flops as slippers. I kick my boots off as soon as I'm home from work and either go barefoot or flippity-floppity.

16 minutes ago, Tex06 said:

I guess house shoes or slippers aren't a thing up north?  

Not that I do it, unless you count flip flops as slippers. I kick my boots off as soon as I'm home from work and either go barefoot or flippity-floppity.

up north folks always be working eh  :slap: 

5 minutes ago, Tom Conway said:

I’ve had a Cherokee for ten years but new to Comanche MJ pickup and smitten. I was looking for a 2000-ish t-bird and accidentally hit upon great project and re-doing as pandemic runs it’s course. Effort in progress.

nice! :D  be sure to start a build thread and go into more detail.  oh,and add her to the registry so you get a birthday and build sheet. :L: 

18 minutes ago, Pete M said:

nice! :D  be sure to start a build thread and go into more detail.  oh,and add her to the registry so you get a birthday and build sheet. :L: 

Will do. New to this forum so still figuring out areas and where to add content. Thanks. 

• Pete M changed the title to so what projects are y'all working on?