so what projects are y'all working on?

Pete M

On 9/1/2020 at 11:17 PM, tugboat95 said:

No pictures, but after 18 years My wife has decided it's time to renovate the master bathroom. At least the Jeep runs and drives but no money next month or two to tinker on it. New floor, paint lights, and a granite counter top and sinks and faucets. Pulled the trigger tonight on the contractor, (told her I wasn't doing it). Been looking at stuff and ordering for a month now. Now she's talking doing the kitchen again after the bathroom. I just redid it 8 years ago. But happy wife, happy life!

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

I am DREADING doing my kitchen... Its really really bad though. The 1970s called, they want their kitchen back!

I am DREADING doing my kitchen... Its really really bad though. The 1970s called, they want their kitchen back!
Came out pretty good. Spent 2 days getting the new stuff to match my old plumbing. And the last 2 days hanging mirrors and a cabinet. Id rather take a flogging than do that. And wife is pretty demanding on placement.d8123aa7f1829d2db13d16b11623516e.jpg

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

• 5 weeks later...

Time to start the rebuilding of the basement for me.  If you remember, I had some sewer issues...

I started tearing out the panelling and drywall that has been contaminated by poo water.

I also picked up a few sheets of new drywall to replace it.  The plan is to take down all of the panelling and retexture the drywall when its all done.

PXL_20201204_225549507.jpg

PXL_20201209_033533098.jpg

PXL_20201209_033543321.jpg

11 minutes ago, derf said:

I started tearing out the paneling and drywall that has been contaminated by poo water.

bringing back a lot of memories at this end of the internet...  I've done that in several houses now.  I've started to really hate basements. :( 

water heater went out. been waiting to install tankless that i traded a trailer for like 3 years ago when started staying in city house. finally time to organize and be able to fill the 80 gallon garden tub with hot water. :grinyes: now just have 25 joints to solder then ill deal with walls and floors at some point. 

20201205_054151.jpg

20201205_054123.jpg

20201205_054134.jpg

20201210_052005.jpg

20201210_052028.jpg

26 minutes ago, Pete M said:

unlimited length hot showers. :D  like staying at a fancy hotel! 

10 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

Tankless is nice for sure. Only down side my 13 year old stays in way too long. 

umm yep, me like long showers. essentially what I'm doing with city house, just making it a bb. i much perfer the woods hammock, but will definitely enjoy the tankless shower.  

2 hours ago, JMO413 said:

Tankless is nice for sure. Only down side my 13 year old stays in way too long. 

there's a thermostat on it.  :D  give him an egg timer that goes off after X minutes and after that he has 2 more minutes before you crank the temp down.

40 minutes ago, Pete M said:

there's a thermostat on it.  :D  give him an egg timer that goes off after X minutes and after that he has 2 more minutes before you crank the temp down.

The only real way to get him out is just go in and shut it off.

7 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

The only real way to get him out is just go in and shut it off.

I dunno... When my water heater went out I jumped out of that shower in a hurry. Imagine an angry homeowner butt @$$ naked in the attic making sure my house didn't flood out.

11 minutes ago, Torq_Shep said:

I dunno... When my water heater went out I jumped out of that shower in a hurry. Imagine an angry homeowner butt @$$ naked in the attic making sure my house didn't flood out.

You can turn the temp down on the water heater but not off. It will get cooler but not straight up cold.

when that timer goes off, he gets 2 minutes and then it's ice, ice baby... too cold, too cold.  :D  do that a few times and I'm sure you can pavlov's dog him to jump out of the shower right after the timer rings.  :laugh:

It's like piecing together a puzzle with no box photo, no guarantee that'll all work out, and you don't even know if you have all the pieces. :crazy:

but we're getting close. :D  tomorrow I should be able to fill in the remaining gaps and grout most of it.  oh, and painting the flue duct for the stove.  like 20 ft of it.  :doh:    next up is the wood trim and locating the roof bits we need. 

20201212_144910.jpg

On 12/12/2020 at 4:09 PM, Pete M said:

It's like piecing together a puzzle with no box photo, no guarantee that'll all work out, and you don't even know if you have all the pieces. :crazy:

but we're getting close. :D  tomorrow I should be able to fill in the remaining gaps and grout most of it.  oh, and painting the flue duct for the stove.  like 20 ft of it.  :doh:    next up is the wood trim and locating the roof bits we need. 

20201212_144910.jpg

I like that. I had.to install mine in a hurry, so I used free 16" tiles. I always have said when I get some spare time I wanted to redo it like you are doing.

• Pete M changed the title to so what projects are y'all working on?