so what projects are y'all working on?

Pete M

I guess I'm busy "planting seeds" of a sort.  Besides selling online for myself, I also help product / brand owners launch on Amazon.  Introducing myself to prospects usually works best face-to-face.  But there isn't much of that going on right now!  So I find myself writing more letters to business owners that I can find, and might be able to help.  These are trying times for everybody, including businesses.  And I think it's going to be that way for awhile.  I never know who I might be able to help, so I just keep putting myself out there.  If anybody knows someone that might want to talk to me, feel free to shoot me a pm.  I can contact them, or they can contact me.  Whatever they're comfortable with.

27 minutes ago, Blue XJ said:

I'm working still, apparently I am an essential employee to keep all of you guys safe!   If we need to use the product that I work on in our country, we are screwed!

Details? Without revealing anything important.

On 3/21/2020 at 11:21 PM, fiatslug87 said:

10 on the MJs and a few more for spare parts.:D

Insanely jealous; those lights are pure sex. I keep kicking myself for passing over a SWB roll bar some years back due to lack of funds... :doh:

Really just need that to complete my build, along with a factory brush guard. :laugh:

5 hours ago, jdog said:

got any details on it?

72 Duster, Fuel Injected 440, TCI Streetfighter 727 Trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91's, 315/35r17 out back and 225's up front.  Complete QA1 front suspension, SS springs out back with Race Car Dynamic tuned Bilstein shocks and disc brakes at all corner.  Puts about 375 to the wheel and runs 11's. 

20200320_105820.jpg

5 minutes ago, Blue XJ said:

72 Duster, Fuel Injected 440, TCI Streetfighter 727 Trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91's, 315/35r17 out back and 225's up front.  Complete QA1 front suspension, SS springs out back with Race Car Dynamic tuned Bilstein shocks and disc brakes at all corner.  Puts about 375 to the wheel and runs 11's. 

20200320_105820.jpg

and so next you're going to do a build thread, yes? :brows:

Didn't really take any pictures along the way honestly.  Not sure why I didn't, I took hundreds while building the MJ, but none really of the Duster. 
Doesn't matter, can start one now. You on for a bodies only?

4 minutes ago, jdog said:
18 minutes ago, Blue XJ said:
Didn't really take any pictures along the way honestly.  Not sure why I didn't, I took hundreds while building the MJ, but none really of the Duster. 

Doesn't matter, can start one now. You on for a bodies only?

Yeah, I'm on there, 72Duster440.

Not much left to build to create a thread for it.  Replacing every part of the brake system now, then planning on enjoying it all summer.

I've gotten home and apparently I'm relocating a dryer vent because our new dryer won't fit in the same old location. And installing a new toilet. I've only been going to do that for 15 years since we bought this house.

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

Thanks Blue XJ.   This job has been worse than fixing many vehicles that I've owned.   The previous home owner built this basement bathroom back in the '70s and his techniques were "unusual".   It took more work to wreck it than it has been to rebuild it.   

• Pete M changed the title to so what projects are y'all working on?