what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Even as a buyer the global shipping program’s been hit or miss for me. Used to be a crap shoot what service they’d send your stuff with. I have never lived somewhere both courriers and the post office could deliver to. Currently my physical and mailing address aren’t even in the same town so I can’t even put both PO Box and street address on the thing, have to send stuff to a friend’s place. 

• 4 weeks later...

Made a adapter harness for the 98-2001 wiper motor. Picked up one for the 92-97 off of eBay. Found the terminals for the 2001 connector form a company www.connectorexperts.com. So no splicing or soldering just pop pins out and replace with new. Not cheap thou $45.00 with shipping for 10 of them. They also sell connector for many vehicles. The lower one is what I made, the other is a Jeep harness (04728877). Picked up a complete wiper motor and linkage off a 2001 Cherokee along with the connector. Now to find time to install so that I have wipers that will actually wipe with some speed.

IMG_20230809_201607.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Replaced the harmonic balancer on the ‘89. That bolt was tight! I tried putting grade 8 bolts (5/16-18 1 1/2 inches long) in the puller holes to brace the pulley with a pry bar so it wouldn’t move but both snapped!! Had to resort to the redneck method of turning over the engine with the socket on the bolt and the wrench against the frame, worked GREAT. Drilled and tapped two holes (couldn’t drill out the snapped bolts) so I could use the puller then had to go back to the hardware store 16 miles away to get a longer bolt (1/2-20 2 inches long) and some washers to install the new balancer. All good now.

IMG_3482.jpeg

IMG_3483.jpeg

2 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

Replaced the harmonic balancer on the ‘89. That bolt was tight! I tried putting grade 8 bolts (5/16-18 1 1/2 inches long) in the puller holes to brace the pulley with a pry bar so it wouldn’t move but both snapped!! Had to resort to the redneck method of turning over the engine with the socket on the bolt and the wrench against the frame, worked GREAT. Drilled and tapped two holes (couldn’t drill out the snapped bolts) so I could use the puller then had to go back to the hardware store 16 miles away to get a longer bolt (1/2-20 2 inches long) and some washers to install the new balancer. All good now.

IMG_3482.jpeg

IMG_3483.jpeg

I lucked out when I did mine, the cheap puller I had used the same thread for its centre portion, so I was able to use that to push the pulley on. 

• 2 weeks later...

figured out that the issue isn't electrical, it's mechanical.   turns out you can't swap a floor shifter cable with the column cable, even though the ends look identical. :doh:

but I'm ecstatic either way.  :banana:

8 hours ago, Pete M said:

figured out that the issue isn't electrical, it's mechanical.   turns out you can't swap a floor shifter cable with the column cable, even though the ends look identical. :doh:

but I'm ecstatic either way.  :banana:

This is good information to know.

I was debating asking Kody if he had a spare column shifter cable in the future in case mine ever bites the dust. Column shift best shift lol :wink:

• 1 month later...