what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

8 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

What is that shock connected to?

the axle was previously used in a spring over configuration and there are shock mounts welded to the axle.  problem is that they interfere with the shock if I try the normal mounts, but the shocks do technically fit on those new ones so I stuck them there while I try and figure out if I want to remove the welded mounts or just buy new shorter shocks (these shocks are very old). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Literally drove an hour after purchasing my 1990 MJ today and smelled a brake/clutch smell after cruising for so long. Turns out my driver side brake we’re smoking when I came to a total stop at a fuel station. 
After taking the wheel off it was seizing up and extremely hot. Plan on replacing both the front wheel hubs and brake calipers asap. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 7:33 PM, 1990 DAW long bed said:

Literally drove an hour after purchasing my 1990 MJ today and smelled a brake/clutch smell after cruising for so long. Turns out my driver side brake we’re smoking when I came to a total stop at a fuel station. 
After taking the wheel off it was seizing up and extremely hot. Plan on replacing both the front wheel hubs and brake calipers asap. 

did the truck sit for a while before you bought it?  trucks don't like to sit. :(  

Got my parking brake functional. Couple circlips under the rivet head and a stronger spring for the ratchet pawl. Got the pedal working mint, then just had to deal with both the equalizer bracket and the rear brakes themselves being wildly out of adjustment. Noticeably better brakes on the way home too, despite the first big dump of snow of the season turning the world to garbage.