what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

On 6/19/2023 at 7:04 AM, GrandBoost98 said:

The guy ghosted me again :fistshake1: I hate people on marketplace 

The saga continues...He finally replies last night and asks if I can come Thursday..today! He says he gave the truck another once over and thinks it has a fuel pump issue because "I went to start it and it was choking out. cranks, sparks but could tell it wasnt getting fuel so tested it and sure enough. But it has tons of good parts and I want to sell it to a guy like you." I replied saying I could come, asked for the address and if it he was implying that it doesnt even start or if it still idles atleast...no reply. So it went from a running driving vehicle to, idles but stalls in gear to, soft brakes to, a not running at all parts vehicle? 🤦‍♂️ If he wasnt a town over I would have given up already. But once you see the pics I think yall would agree its worth taking a look at to see whats what. Trying to save another 2.5 @eaglescout526 lol So my wife and I ran around to a couple ATMs last night to pull out some money. Have to hit the ATM again after work, hook up the truck and trailer and pray the kid actually responds with an address and not another excuse or ghosts me again

Screenshot_20230629_063532_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230629_063536_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230629_063558_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230629_063605_Facebook.jpg

25 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Lol woot woot! Save the gas sippers. Oh shoot it’s got factory air!

The more I looked at the pics the more I noticed all the factory options mine doesnt have like; AC, power steering, vent windows, slider window, a cargo light, I think it has cruise control and all the chrome trim including tail lights. It looks like they already eliminated the c101 connector. Much nicer interior than mine and the bodys not all banged up like mine.

21 minutes ago, acfortier said:

I tried getting in contact with that guy, he did the same to me, lol.

:doh: When did you try contacting him? My convos with him started a few weeks ago. I really hope he doesnt flake on me again and its in as good of shape as he says it is. I'm sure with some help from here I can get it running right. I already got a buyer lined up for mine too. Everyone cross your fingers for me:crossfingers:

1 hour ago, GrandBoost98 said:

The more I looked at the pics the more I noticed all the factory options mine doesnt have like; AC, power steering, vent windows, slider window, a cargo light, I think it has cruise control and all the chrome trim including tail lights. It looks like they already eliminated the c101 connector. Much nicer interior than mine and the bodys not all banged up like mine.

:doh: When did you try contacting him? My convos with him started a few weeks ago. I really hope he doesnt flake on me again and its in as good of shape as he says it is. I'm sure with some help from here I can get it running right. I already got a buyer lined up for mine too. Everyone cross your fingers for me:crossfingers:

I think a couple months ago at this point. It's been listed on FB for awhile now.

So yeah, on my way to pick it up he sent me a video of it running and said he found a vacuum line disconnected. He had recently changed the valve cover gasket and mustve forgot it. We took it for a spin around the block and it did fine. AC could use a recharge but works! Brakes are soft, may just need a bleed. Its got some questionable body work here and there but overall its in better shape than mine. I already submitted it into the registry. Looking forward to seeing what this originally was. I'm guessing a higher trim package with all the chrome and options. Ill start a new build thread for this one. Thankfully I have a long weekend and the wife doesnt 😝 so Ill have plenty of time to go through everything

Got my leak fixed coming from the front of the truck. It turns out the little grommet where wires run in above thr fuse box it was trying to come in there and it was leaking very badly at the fuse box. Leaking from the top and leaking around the it and dripping at the bottom. I caught it in time before having major catastrophic electrical issues. However it's still kinda persisting just not as much. 100% convinced it's the bottom of the fuse box. I tested it when I got home Thursday and it was fine. Rained super heavy today and it was leaking.

5 hours ago, Tex06 said:

Pulled the rear flare off from the accident.... damage to the metal under was worse than I expected. 

Not sure if I'm gonna try and straighten it or look for another bed. 

man, no one knows how to do body work anymore.  :laugh: 

On 7/1/2023 at 2:53 PM, Pete M said:

man, no one knows how to do body work anymore.  :laugh: 

All my body tools are in Snellville...... and I'm in New Orleans. 

If I make a trip up that way for a weekend I'll take the MJ and straighten it out myself. 😁

There's other reasons for a new bed as well, this one is rhino lined which I'm not super thrilled about. 

I went to my first non-Jeep event car show on 4th of July, thought belt was squealing a little, then all of a sudden,2 blocks from show, steam starts coming out from hood. limped it there and shut her down, nothing more embarrassing than go to a show and steam coming out from under hood, luckily had lots of time to cool down. Put water in it and saw it coming out of water pump, drove it home till she got hot, let her cool down and put more water in her, took about 3 hours for a 1/2 hour ride, guess it could have been worse, last show was bantam Jeep event and that was 51/2 hours away,so took this week to change water pump and thermo stat. Was thinking about trans cooler so while waiting for parts to come in, A/C wasn’t working and I don’t use it, so I fit up A/C cooler for a trans cooler just put fittings and hose barbs on end so still looks factory and can change back to A/C if ever sell truck (not) if that big thing don’t keep my trans cool nothing will

1 hour ago, fiatslug87 said:

Installed a tailgate strut. This was a test fitting before I add one to the MJ Happy Camper. I’ll post in the DYI section when I install the one on the trailer.

Sweet! How easy is it to install the tailgate cable? The cable is cleaner and quieter. I literally last week just put on the new Key Parts replacement rubber bumpers, top quality. It looks like those need to be removed to use the cables.

40 minutes ago, 91Pioneer said:

How easy is it to install the tailgate cable?

Not too difficult. I welded a washer to the top of the upper strap support pin to keep the cable end in place and cut off the strap where it attaches to the tailgate bracket then cut that head flush, drilled it for a nutsert (through the tailgate also for clearance) to attach the lower cable end. The bumpers need to be removed so the strut will fit. I will probably replace the other strap with cable, much quieter.

On 7/13/2023 at 12:07 AM, 91Pioneer said:

Sweet! How easy is it to install the tailgate cable? The cable is cleaner and quieter. I literally last week just put on the new Key Parts replacement rubber bumpers, top quality. It looks like those need to be removed to use the cables.

Where are you ordering Key Parts from in Canada, if you don’t mind me asking?

I guess to contribute to the theme of the thread, took my longbed down the highway for the first time in five years. 70-mile trip. Did pretty darn good, speedometer wasn’t working initially but picked back up after a couple miles. Hole in the floor definitely didn’t get any smaller while it was parked, and between shorts and not having put the carpet back in my left leg got some… we’ll call it exfoliation.IMG_5907.jpeg.f79397deee34c8950eb7f4ce77b7839e.jpeg