How old are you?

Minuit

CC Age Distribution  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

2. 2. Were you a CC member before you turned 18?

7 hours ago, Jesse J said:

phew I am safe..... for now. but that's not going to stop him from giving me crap that I took a while to get a tiny little screw out:roflmao:

:laugh: I think @Minuit started it this time. I remember your first posts and saying that you had no license and never worked on cars but wanted to tackle this punch list of mods yourself, stroker, lift etc. I think this thread has pointed out the reasons for our different responses (age). My comments were like, get a license and learn how to get a screw out first and others have been like “son, I’ll take you through this step by step and together we’ll build the MJ of your dreams”. But then we all find out that you not actually starting any of these projects... Plus the literally endless threads that go nowhere. So yeah, I try to keep my comments informative but also want to give you a realistic view of what to expect. Not everyone likes that though. Some just want to dream on and that’s ok too. But I’m not going to sugar coat and gift wrap everything if that makes sense. Just trying to be a straight shooter here so appologies if any comments have been harsh. I will always try to be helpful once a thought leaves the theoretical stage :L:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, mjeff87 said:

I learned how to pick the right lines early on.....because I had to.:laugh:

You can put a Ford Maverick pretty deep into the woods too, until you can't.

What's the difference between a 4x4 and a rental car?

The rental car *will* make it over that obstacle.

On 3/3/2021 at 3:23 AM, Minuit said:

Just something I was a little curious about. I've noticed recently that a LOT of members, including some very prolific and productive ones, are very young. As in, not old enough to have their driver's license yet.

I don't mind answering my own question. I'll be 25 in April, and I had just turned 16 when I joined. I didn't post anything that was actually helpful to anyone for a while after that, and I always felt like I was the only young person. Now that I'm well on my way to being a crotchety old bastard myself, it seems opposite now.

That's me😂 even though I should have my liscense I gotta wait till I'm 18 

I feel old finding out how many my owners are younger than their trucks.

I think I was around in the Yahoo days but if I was I wasnt really active and lost touch for a while, as I would probably have been between mjs. If anybody can remember that far back it was probably under my old handle "irajplvr" 

My first new "car" was a 1986 MJ 4X4 metric ton.  Had some fun but sold it because it was underpowered, breakover angle was a bit much with 31's and after two accidents - one not my fault, the other was stupid's fault (that was me) the insurance was killing me.  I wish I had waited one more year for the 4.0L and SWB - I would still own that truck.

I'm 54 and I really like that there are so many youngsters discovering how much fun these trucks can be.  I'm rediscovering it with my son.

4 minutes ago, Muncher said:

I'm not sure if I can see how to check when I made my account but in like 5 months I'll be 18 and I think I came on here when I was 15 or 16

May 28, 2019   :L: 

On 3/3/2021 at 7:27 AM, krustyballer16 said:

Just turned 29 the last day of February!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Belated happy birthday, Mate. I turned 77 on the 27th.

Go Pisces!

On 3/3/2021 at 1:08 PM, eaglescout526 said:

You know. I vaguely recall somewhere in my semi modern scout training back in the day that said not to give personal info like age and stuff. Lol

Name, rank, and service number.

I enlisted in the U.S. Army in 1966, and that was drilled into us. The U.S. military converted from actual service numbers to using social security numbers somewhere around 1968 (when I got out, orders were still showing both the old service number and the SSAN). It's been 53 years, but I still remember my service number.

13 hours ago, Eagle said:

It's been 53 years, but I still remember my service number.

As do I.  I know I remember accurately because I had to use it not long ago.  They were still using them in April of 68.  Mine began with an RA as I'm sure yours did as opposed to U.S.  We remember them because we had to yell them out multiple times a day for the first several months.  IIRC we had to announce it to get out after singing jingle bells running around a platoon sized room filled with CS gas.  Perhaps it was squad sized.  Some things are more vague than others. 

2 hours ago, rokinn said:

As do I.  I know I remember accurately because I had to use it not long ago.  They were still using them in April of 68.  Mine began with an RA as I'm sure yours did as opposed to U.S.  We remember them because we had to yell them out multiple times a day for the first several months.  IIRC we had to announce it to get out after singing jingle bells running around a platoon sized room filled with CS gas.  Perhaps it was squad sized.  Some things are more vague than others. 

Yeah. Our tear gas exposure was a field tent, and it was one man at a time. The tent was filled with tear gas, Each man had to enter the tent, remove his gas mask, and then recite his name, rank, and service number ("Sir!"). If you didn't get it right, or if they thought you had held your breath to avoid the gas -- you had to try again.

And, yes -- my service number began with RA, because I enlisted rather than being drafted.

27 years old! And though my back and my neck do hurt periodically (no thanks primarily to a bad car accident 2 years ago...) i am not old!  :fistshake1:

Ive been told by coworkers who have 25-30 years on me that i am an old soul in a young body :laugh: i like old school stuff. Old cars, old music

3 hours ago, Eagle said:

Yeah. Our tear gas exposure was a field tent, and it was one man at a time. The tent was filled with tear gas, Each man had to enter the tent, remove his gas mask, and then recite his name, rank, and service number ("Sir!"). If you didn't get it right, or if they thought you had held your breath to avoid the gas -- you had to try again.

And, yes -- my service number began with RA, because I enlisted rather than being drafted.

I did BCT way back in 1986, things didn't change much back then either (can't say what its like today, what with the "stress cards" and all, lol).  We went into a little cinderblock pillbox structure in squads.  We all de-masked and had to say name, rank, SSN and company motto before we could exit.  It was CS gas, i  remember a little stereo flame under a hot plate kind of thing, and one if the DS's scooping out some powder and sprinkling it on top.  Good times, lol.  Ft. Jackson, Old Hollywood.