oooooooooooo.... repop tails might be close!

I have a friend that has a Dodge pickup his wife rolled that used quite a few Key parts when he rebuiltit.. He said you could tell they weren't OEM, but the difference in price more than made up for it.

More info from FB:

843387856_taillights1.PNG.4e5e0eecae3595f0b51fad131090b8a8.PNG

Capture.PNG.81800b97a1ea5fa9c28d170035af5405.PNG

Nobody asked me what I thought, but considering the expense of plastic injection molding, I wouldn't be surprised if these things were expensive. If they fit and look correct next to the genuine article, I don't care. I hope this opens up the market for MJ tail lights and brings the price of the originals down to "reasonable" - let's be real here, as someone who's pretty much done purchasing Comanches, I'm all for the values of these trucks going up, but a good pair of tail lights being worth 25% of the value of the truck they're attached to is a little ridiculous. Maybe this'll encourage the people who have dozens of tail lights sitting around collecting dust to get them into people's hands while they're still worth something.

I really hope they get these right. "Indistinguishable from NOS" is the hope, but I'd settle for "fits in the hole and looks perfect from 10 feet"

If this goes well, I hope they decide to tackle some other desirable parts. I really hope they do well. If these are any good, this is plugging the single biggest hole in the MJ spare parts market, which is undeniably a good thing for the hobby. The "MJ" floor pans they sell (they're really just XJ floor pans, and I don't know if they're the ones having them made) are the best on the market. Maybe they could tackle making a true reproduction of the MJ's wacky floor structure? I'd spend good money for that. Maybe rockers that actually fit or cab corner skins? Bed sides? The rust state people would lose their minds!