oooooooooooo.... repop tails might be close!

There will probably be some “panic” sales from some of the hoarders out there. NOS will always fetch a higher price though if history is any indication. I kind of look at it like: what’s happening with nos tail lights will be happening soon enough for the whole MJ. Say the lights are worth 100% original price plus inflation, that would put them up at several hundred each. Add supply and demand and your at probably 200% or more over original pricing. I don’t think the price of the tail lights is the underlying  issue (but I have seen some that seem ridiculously priced). It’s the price of the truck that doesn’t add up. The market should start driving up the cost of these trucks but the fact that most people who see an MJ think it was some sort of owner modified Cherokee speaks volumes. The average Joe is buying an MJ because “they look cool”. To them, they shouldn’t be paying much for an 30ish year old truck. But only MJ collectors are buying NOS lights. Two very different markets and they will probably start merging soon given how many MJs are left.

36 minutes ago, JeepFanatik said:

So how does one remove the lenses off of a set of MJ taillights?  I guess it has glue that you could pop them in an oven for a few minutes to then pry apart?

I used a heat gun on an old set. If your not trying to salvage the old lenses it makes it much easier. I bet this will be a complete housing though

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I emailed them for an update, they said they are in production and currently on shipping delays from wherever they come from. They have already been approved for test fitting and supposedly just waiting on production and shipping delays. I asked where they can be purchased and what price, they said no pricing information available yet, and didn't comment on what site they can be purchased.