Eagle

One of our own is down

Hello! My dad is still in a private room in the hospital but is being moved on Monday to a facility that can address his complex wounds from being put in the ventilator and his body going into shock weeks ago. They will also start him on some physical therapy as soon as possible. He’s still not able to get on the computer to update himself but is slowly getting better. It’s a slower and longer process than we originally thought but he is still getting better every day. Me and my family are so thankful for yalls concern and I will update as much as I can when anything changes! Please feel free to ask any questions. 

Thanks for the updates!  Let him know we all miss him dearly, and please wish him a Happy New Year from all of us gearheads.

13 hours ago, HOrnbroddaughter said:

Hello! My dad is still in a private room in the hospital but is being moved on Monday to a facility that can address his complex wounds from being put in the ventilator and his body going into shock weeks ago. They will also start him on some physical therapy as soon as possible. He’s still not able to get on the computer to update himself but is slowly getting better. It’s a slower and longer process than we originally thought but he is still getting better every day. Me and my family are so thankful for yalls concern and I will update as much as I can when anything changes! Please feel free to ask any questions. 

Abby,

Thank YOU for taking the time to keep us informed!  We all appreciate the updates and best wishes to Don.

John Jackson

Thanks for the update, Abby!  Please let Don know he has a lot of friends praying for his recovery.

Hoping things keep looking up for you Don.  Someone needs to get back to polishing all that chrome!

Only just saw the post, 12hr shifts don't leave much time... Glad that Don is on his way to recovery. 

I've been through this before with my mother. My only advice is patience and empathy, for all parties. And down the road a portable O2 concentrater for when power goes out-- air tanks are for the birds ;¶

Just found this post.
Don,
Get well soon. I don't post alot but read ritually. Even in the short time you have been absent your presences has been noticed and missed by many. We are all anxiously awaiting your return.

Dave

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone. No real updates yet :( still in a wait and see phase according to doctors. Most recent information is that he is on a bipap machine to maintain his oxygen levels as his CO2 levels rise too higher when he’s off. My mom has been with him every day and we are just in a stagnant phase. Thank you all for the concern and prayers and I hope to have a more positive update for everyone soon. 

V/r,

Abby 

:(  I saw you had posted and was hoping for some better progress.  He's tough though, he'll pull through.

Thanks for the update Abby, we're all pulling for you all:thumbsup:

Hopefully dad didn't watch the Clemson game....that couldn't have helped any (kidding, of course :grinyes:)

Keep us posted when you can.

Jeff

Get well soon Don!!!

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time,

take it slow and steady, this place needs you back to show the young guys what Chrome is all about.

Get stronger every day sir

there's lots and lots more World Champion Red Sox to enjoy in the coming year.:thumbsup:

On 1/9/2019 at 11:32 AM, HOrnbroddaughter said:

Hey everyone. No real updates yet :( still in a wait and see phase according to doctors. Most recent information is that he is on a bipap machine to maintain his oxygen levels as his CO2 levels rise too higher when he’s off. My mom has been with him every day and we are just in a stagnant phase. Thank you all for the concern and prayers and I hope to have a more positive update for everyone soon. 

V/r,

Abby 

Just so you know we won't stop praying and won't forget about Don and his family.

Hello everyone. It is with a heavy heart that I say my Dad, Don Hornbrook, passed yesterday due to multiple complications. Our family is pretty devastated and we ask for your prayers. The funeral service will be this Saturday, 26 January at:

Arab Heritage Memorial Chapel

1340 North Main St

arab, al 35016

Phone: (256)586-4100

the viewing will be from 2-4PM with the service starting at 4PM

If there are any questions or if you would like to send flowers please contact the funeral home. Anyone is welcome to attend as well if they would like. Thank you so much for your support and concern for my dad and our family during this difficult time.   

V/R,

Abby

I am so sorry. He will be sorely missed by this community. Please accept my condolences. :(

1989 Base
4.0 L
Auto
Long bed
2WD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear of his passing. My prayers go out to your family