One of our own is down

Eagle

Hello everyone, this is Dons daughter Abby. Just left the hospital and I am happy to say that he has moved out of the ICU and is in his own private room for a few days. If he continues on this upward slope he will be admitted into an inpatient therapy rehab center close to home for approximately 2 weeks or more. Depending on his progress he should be home after New Years! All the nurses and doctors were commenting on his incredible recovery so please continue praying for him! He’s back to his old self and of course ready to get the hell out of there and be home haha. We will get him connected as soon as we can so he can update y’all himself. Very good day today so we are all hoping for the best! 

V/R,

Abby

1 hour ago, HOrnbroddaughter said:

... Very good day today so we are all hoping for the best! 

V/R,

Abby

Thanks for the update, Abby and welcome! Your old man is definitely an integral part of CC. I wish him all the best. Tell him to keep his chin up and give'm hell.

1 hour ago, HOrnbroddaughter said:

Hello everyone, this is Dons daughter Abby. Just left the hospital and I am happy to say that he has moved out of the ICU and is in his own private room for a few days. If he continues on this upward slope he will be admitted into an inpatient therapy rehab center close to home for approximately 2 weeks or more. Depending on his progress he should be home after New Years! All the nurses and doctors were commenting on his incredible recovery so please continue praying for him! He’s back to his old self and of course ready to get the hell out of there and be home haha. We will get him connected as soon as we can so he can update y’all himself. Very good day today so we are all hoping for the best! 

V/R,

Abby

Abby,

Thank You for the update on Don!  Very pleased to hear that he is doing so well.  It is a good sign to see him back to his old self.  Just be sure to make him stay there and do exactly as the doctors tell him.  A tall order I know, but this is what the doctors do best.

Don, you need to get better and take good care of yourself because I just started a new build and I don't want you to miss it!

I've never met Don in person, but I've spent a lot of time hanging out with him here and would consider him a good friend. Abby, I wish you and your father the best and I hope you can enjoy the holidays together.

Edited by Darren
speling mestakes

I hope you stay on the mend Don. Abby, thank you for updating us. Your family is in my prayers. I hope your family has a good Christmas and makes the best of things. We need Don to heal. He is literally a thesaurus of mj that this forum would not be the same without. Thank you Don.

Hello everyone! Just wanted to post another update. Dad is stable and still in the private room of the hospital. The staff want him to stay a bit longer before he goes to rehab since it should be a rigorous program. My mother and I have been with him though the entire process and he’s continuing to fight. I am so grateful and appreciate all the kind words from all of you. It means so much that y’all are concerned about him and I’m really proud of how much he’s recovered so far. Keep the prayers coming and I will post a more detailed update once I’ve gotten a chance to speak to the doctor!

v/r,

Abby

• Eagle pinned this topic

I just pinned this thread to keep it near the top of the index. We can un-pin it when Don gets home.

Tell Donald to behave himself and follow the rehab regimen. If not, we'll have to send a recently-retired U.S. Marine NCO over to straighten him out. Yes, Donald will know who I'm talking about.

Don's deep knowledge base and unique personality are just two of the reasons I like reading his posts here at ComClub.  Those who have said it wouldn't be the same without him are correct.  

Keep getting better shipmate.  I'm hoping our paths cross in real life one day.

I'm new to the group so I don't know about them Cadillac seats,  but I do enjoy reading the experiences and wisdom Don has shared on this forum.   He's blessed to have a strong family by his side through the perseverance of the obstacles they faced.  Praying for a speedy recovery your way...

• Pete M unpinned this topic