what new tech writeups would you like to see?

I've been holding off the new push for content additions until we get our "auto-shrink size of uploaded photo" code working.  Since that is getting closer, I figure it's time to start thinking about what's the best way to make use of this new found power. :D   we definitely need to go through the DIY list and fix broken links/pictures, but what new writeups would you like to see?  

In trying to think of articles that would help reduce the myriad of repeated questions:

Axle swap options, consolidated brake options (discs, boosters, valve/delete), vacuum diagrams and functions, lift/tire/gear combos, TPS/CPS/IAC/TB checking, No-Start/Stumble/Idle issue check diagram with logic flow, Seat/Bracket swap options.

I'm sure there are more pressing ones, but that's off the top of my head.

10 hours ago, PIKE said:

Upgrade 4.0 Renix jeeps to the newer automatic serpentine belt tensioner if its possible.

What automatic serpentine belt tensioner? I have two 2000 Cherokee 4.0Ls. They don't have an automatic tensioner, I have to do it manually.

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

What automatic serpentine belt tensioner? I have two 2000 Cherokee 4.0Ls. They don't have an automatic tensioner, I have to do it manually.

Maybe on the WJ?  I don't recall how they're set up.

The ZJ still uses a manual tensioner, it's a lot nicer setup than in the XJ though.

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

The WJs have an auto tensioner, and the alternator in a different spot, and AC is in a different spot.

Buddy of mine went to the WJ setup on his XJ buggy to get the alternator up where the AC used to be, and he runs the auto tensioner with a shorter belt.

Nice if you want the higher amp WJ alternator, AC delete, and run a 99+ intake.

I don't think you could make the WJ auto tensioner work with the stock AC comp and alternator setup.

- A/C  install on a non-AC truck
- Cruise control install
- How to build that carpet panel that's supposed to go behind the seat.  Can find any good shots of how the OEM panel mounts.

X2 on the cruise but for a RENIX as there's already a HO install write up.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, DesertRat1991 said:

- Cruise control install

- How to build that carpet panel that's supposed to go behind the seat.  Can find any good shots of how the OEM panel mounts.

I've got some pics of how the panel mounts I can post later.

On the belt tensioner, if you have an HO and can swap to the late style manifold, which requires a different P/S pump mount, the belt adjustment is MUCH easier.  I'd say almost worth doing the swap alone, besides the better manifold.

19 hours ago, Skorpyo said:

In trying to think of articles that would help reduce the myriad of repeated questions:

...consolidated brake options (discs, boosters, valve/delete), vacuum diagrams and functions, lift/tire/gear combos, TPS/CPS/IAC/TB checking, No-Start/Stumble/Idle issue check diagram with logic flow...

I second all that.  I did a front proportional valve delete for my brakes and love the results.  I have pics for a write up.  Identifying location and describing function and troubleshooting of each vacuum/electrical/mechanical component under the hood.  Like Skorpyo said, it sure would cut down on commonly asked questions and really help out newbies.  

On 1/22/2018 at 8:21 AM, DesertRat1991 said:

- Cruise control install

Here are the only two pictures that I have found over the past year or so to try and figure out the mount.. screenshot was from a YouTube video 

00505_4HygbC3SgrE_1200x900.jpg

Screenshot_20161123-043447.png