new full taillight assembly coming from Oracle!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Release date of April 2023 with a price TBA.  Remain seated because they won't be inexpensive.  

I'd love to see them illuminated.  As for the blacked out look, not a fan.  Taillights should be red and reflective IMO.

As much as it’s cool to see new MJ products becoming available, I don’t know about this one. It’s just too chunky looking. There’s some nod to 1985 authenticity with the lens design, but the chunkiness makes them look a little too 2020. Doesn’t seem consistent with the aesthetic of the rest of the truck. Maybe it would help to see them installed. I dunno. Hopefully it’ll be a good product for those that want it.

6 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

As much as it’s cool to see new MJ products becoming available, I don’t know about this one. It’s just too chunky looking. There’s some nod to 1985 authenticity with the lens design, but the chunkiness makes them look a little too 2020. Doesn’t seem consistent with the aesthetic of the rest of the truck. Maybe it would help to see them installed. I dunno. Hopefully it’ll be a good product for those that want it.

II agree, i really like them but they would not fit the look I'm going for with my truck. They would however look really good on a clean 97+ conversion.

I am wondering about the picture with the lenses out.  Why is it shown like this?  Will they be removable?  That would make it very easy to paint the rest of the housing to color match the truck.  Also, an individual cracked lens could be replaced?  Option for an orange lens for European application?

I've been thinking about putting a little pod or maybe two under my bumper or something for when you are backing into somewhere tight at night. Not like I do that too often tho so I could also just get a cheap small flood light with a magnet and stick it on when needed.

Their literature specifically says “Another option that ORACLE Lighting will offer is Standard or Tinted Lenses. The standard lens option will have a more original OE style appearance while the tinted option will have a more aggressive blacked-out styling. ”

• Pete M changed the title to new full taillight assembly coming from Oracle!