new full taillight assembly coming from Oracle!

3 hours ago, Warren99 said:

I've been thinking about putting a little pod or maybe two under my bumper or something for when you are backing into somewhere tight at night. Not like I do that too often tho so I could also just get a cheap small flood light with a magnet and stick it on when needed.

The cheap and easy solution: 

I have some cheapo LED bulbs only in my reverse lights that just go in like the stock bulb with no modifications and they are bright as hell. Before I put in LED headlights, my reverse lights were brighter than my headlights 

377D8279-CCD0-473F-A02F-7E5FA9FC8AD3.jpeg

6704FDA0-418C-4B79-8F24-AB7EBFD83B9D.jpeg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Warren99 said:

Ha! I'll just do that first then. I need to figure out why my reverse lights randomly stopped working tho, probably the switch on the side of the trans... I'll look into that another time it can wait

another common problem area is the connector for the rear harness.  :L:

Right, I'll check there too. My parts MJ still had that tailight harness in, and had an additional one just laying in the bed. I also basically the entire harness from the engine bay, so I pretty much have an unlimited supply of oem color/size wires:L:

5 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

Their literature specifically says “Another option that ORACLE Lighting will offer is Standard or Tinted Lenses. The standard lens option will have a more original OE style appearance while the tinted option will have a more aggressive blacked-out styling. ”

I interpreted this as meaning there’s only the two options, the ones with coloured lenses and then the dark lenses. I think what was being suggested here was we might be able to peel the black casing off and add the OE lens or the Key Parts repops on top and have LEDs underneath factory lights. I personally doubt it would be as simple as that, and it’s a lot of extra work and money over just putting LED bulbs in the factory sockets. 

• Pete M changed the title to new full taillight assembly coming from Oracle!
16 hours ago, jpnjake said:

The cheap and easy solution: 

I have some cheapo LED bulbs only in my reverse lights that just go in like the stock bulb with no modifications and they are bright as hell. Before I put in LED headlights, my reverse lights were brighter than my headlights 

What brand of bulbs were they?  I bought some off ScAmazon and they weren't even as bright as the standard incandescent bulbs despite being advertised as "super bright". :fistshake1:

3 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

What brand of bulbs were they?  I bought some off ScAmazon and they weren't even as bright as the standard incandescent bulbs despite being advertised as "super bright". :fistshake1:

I’ll have to pull mine out to look, I have 2 different brands, the ones I have now are slightly brighter than the others but I’ll share both brands 

I had custom housings made for my MJ with new key parts lenses. I opted to change the sockets as to something that would actually seal up properly. These look great. I like the tinted lenses the best. You would think it would be easy to repop a cargo lamp also. Then we’re just missing a decent modern 5x7/7x6 headlight and some better looking turn signals :laugh:

1 hour ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Is it just me or do they need to work on that upper contour to fit the bed a bit better?? Seems like the light is sucked into the bed a bit. Otherwise looks awesome! 

They definitely do not seem to fit quite right. 
They also seem a little squished looking height wise, but I’m glad there is aftermarket support coming.