new full taillight assembly coming from Oracle!

2 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

They definitely do not seem to fit quite right. 
They also seem a little squished looking height wise, but I’m glad there is aftermarket support coming. 

True. Unfortunately, if the fit and finish are off, they will loose sales and aftermarket support will dry up. Hopefully they will refine the product further before finalizing. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ultimately it's gonna depend on the MJ. For someone going for a more classic look, or don't like the thick black lines on the Oracles, OEM is gonna be the way to go. For someone who has a heavily (resto-) modified rig, or has a more "modern" looking MJ they might look cool. I think they would look better on an MJ with a 97+ front end than on the classic header panel myself. These aren't swaying me from the Key Parts replacements, but I want those silver trim boys...

I really like them, and think they would look great on the trail truck,

but being LED only is a dealbreaker for me.

at $300-ish a set, & I'm guessing they won't be replaceable one side at a time if they get smashed.

+ I'd rather not deal with LED's when it comes to blinkers, etc.

(backup lights yes, blinkers, no).

So I'm not holding my breath,

but hopefully they think about expanding their market by offering the tailights themselves with conventional sockets in them (assuming the plastic is high temp rated), and sell them one at a time for replacement purposes.

I am very glad to see another company taking a chance on us though :beerchug:

Doubt it. Any patents on the lights would have long since expired, and considering the original manufacturer isn’t making them at all, it would be a pretty hard sell to get any legal traction on it. If legal reasons were involved you wouldn’t have a dozen brands repopping aftermarket lights for other vehicles. 
More likely they want their product to look more noticeable theirs, combined with making it work with the technology they’re putting into it and the manufacturing techniques they use in their existing products. 

11 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

Doubt it. Any patents on the lights would have long since expired, and considering the original manufacturer isn’t making them at all, it would be a pretty hard sell to get any legal traction on it. If legal reasons were involved you wouldn’t have a dozen brands repopping aftermarket lights for other vehicles. 
More likely they want their product to look more noticeable theirs, combined with making it work with the technology they’re putting into it and the manufacturing techniques they use in their existing products. 

Agreed. DO we happen to know who the OEM was? Or was it made in-house at AMC/Jeep?