How many MJs do you spot in a week?

1987Comanche

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/8/2022 at 2:28 PM, Minuit said:

Grand total for 2022 that aren't mine: 0. The closest I came was thinking I saw one with the bed off, but the next day I got a better look and it was actually a Toyota.

WRONG! In a 532 mile road trip yesterday, I saw two: a stock 87-90 Sportruck on the back of a trailer heading east on I-40, and an 87-90 Pioneer with aftermarket wheels in a little vintage car lot kind of place in a tiny town I can't remember the name of in east TN.

It's pretty rare for me to see another MJ here in our town of about 90,000, XJ's too for that matter.   A guy few blocks over had one (now sold).   The only time I saw it on the road was when we pulled up to an intersection at the same time.   

I stopped at a store a few years ago when I came out a guy who was passing through town parked next to me.   We talked for a bit and a few months later we parked next to each other at a car show.   In the time in between someone had backed into him and destroyed his original bumper.   

I was at an auto flea market last week and spotted an Eliminator in the parking lot on the way out.  It looked like it had had a hard life but it was complete and as straight as could be.   

So basically I'm lucky to have a random sighting every few years.  

Here's the guy who parked next to me - I'm on the right ...

19-07-19.jpg.1209397bca99e03fa9aeb01e82667500.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ever since I bought my first one 2 years ago try and look for them.  Saw two driving and one at an inspection station. Today I went to my garage to get appointment for inspection and owner said that’s weird got another Comanche here. Took pics and tried for the vin. Last of it turned out ok but not first ones.  Can Anyone decipher or have the spread sheet #’s so I can see if he has it on Comanche Club

C8BF041C-FF25-4828-A608-23CA7891912C.jpeg

51998577-84D5-4A4F-AA78-8AB036D25EFA.jpeg

9AC33FC1-94F4-47EE-8049-57F514A4D0C7.jpeg

Sadly none except mine. I will occasionally see a fellow members truck on here that works on my truck. It's dasbulliwagen but I did see a silver one mid last year then....it disappeared. Down here in NC I know they exist but as far as I've seen is mine, a member that's on here and that silver one briefly [I hope it isn't wrecked]. And that's been.....man I think almost a year? So all in all I see 1-2 daily 0-1 if I don't count my truck

My brother once saw two driving together on a back road near by, both lifted.  I've seen one painted a great shade of teal lifted over a foot.  

Else it's very rare, I've seen two different ones up on I-90 going the other way.  I probably average seeing another one once per year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, 1987Comanche said:

Found a beauty today about 4 miles from home.  Didn't have time to really look her over but I made a U turn, pulled in, and got a few pics.

nice!!  :D  do you have any club magnets to leave behind?

On 3/31/2022 at 11:02 AM, keeponjeepinon said:

I saw a red and black one at Summit Racing the other week. He left before I could get out of my TDI.

I see the guy from Oracle lighting pretty often around here (his truck is very pretty) and I'm almost always in my TDI not my MJ.

• 4 weeks later...

These aren’t recent, but I never uploaded them. 

First pic is from 2019, but I saw that truck a few times back when I lived in OKC. 

Second pic is from last July in Norman, OK. First and only time I saw that truck 

BE53F8BF-FF14-48A7-9C94-D64CC2B0AD8F.jpeg

2314EC3D-095B-4AA7-8DBF-E2A2929478CE.jpeg