How many MJs do you spot in a week?

1987Comanche

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, 88mjsally said:

Oops😂 one is about to be for sale so then I’ll be back to the more reasonable number of 5

When one sells, two more show up :brows:

When I finally got mine mostly sorted, a '91 shortbed in decent shape with minimal rust shows up in NJ for $4500.

Still kicking myself for not grabbing the shortbed to match my '88 longbed.

On 8/15/2023 at 9:45 PM, TurboedMJ said:

I've been meaning to post in this thread. Saw a mj going north on marine view drive into des Moines WA, looked lifted with big tires, only got a quick glance but it looked a bit beat up. I was driving my mj. I think it was purplish? Couldn't really tell. 

Saw it again in the same spot, it's a purple long bed. 

• 1 month later...

I saw the orange (yeah, I know) MJ just east of Kinston, NC that inspired me to find one for myself a couple weeks ago. This time it was mid-day and I had to stop. I admired from a respectful distance in a commercial parking lot and a couple minutes later the guy popped his head out (his place of business-ish). Seriously nice guy, kept it mostly original but ended up doing the 'option 2' swap with HO engine run by Renix ECU. Someone new asked about inexpensive lift kits in the tech section and it prompted me to take a random trip to Rough Country's site to see what was referred to in the thread. And there's the MJ in question on the RC site. :roflmao:

https://www.roughcountry.com/gallery/3-inch-lifted-1990-jeep-comanche-mj-4wd-1130

Here's the 2 pics I took:

C6E38822-EE6E-4258-A258-16219C8B822B.jpeg.3580b330602b6a0b7369636ec9d98a03.jpeg

5CD67CAC-3802-4E1D-988B-A949A5361292.jpeg.0dbc226214460282b93ab40f60574370.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DesertRat1991 said:

While on a roadtrip back in August, I spotted this guy headed southbound through Maryland.

This is the only new MJ I've spotted this year (not counting repeats I've previously seen around my local area).

Slim pickin's this year.

20230820_125541.jpg.bc03cfb7aad713b2ad8a51e2baabdeaa.jpg

I believe I have the same back bumper as that guy.  

• 2 weeks later...

Strangely, I seem to be seeing more lately than I have seen in years! I also get random texts from friends and relatives when they see one. :laugh:  I'm pretty sure this one my friend sent to me belongs to @EUREKA.

I rarely drive mine to work, so I'm not usually in it when I see another.

cc598.jpg