Jim Oshel has passed

Pete M

Just got a call from Katie that Jim passed in his sleep.  :sad: I'm so glad I got to get out there 2 weeks ago.  Got to share some beers and hear a few more stories from an awesome guy that lived an insanely full life.  

gonna miss you ol' man  

Damn Pete. So sad to hear this. So many PMs with him over the years. We both worked at the Army Kwajalein Missile Range for several years although at different times. Knew a lot of the same guys there and we swapped a lot of stories over the years back-channel. He was a hell of a guy and I'm sorry I never met him in person. Jim turned 83 in April of this year. RIP big guy..

He was very active when I first found CC.com ... It was evident to me from the start he was a major contributor who shared his knowledge of our trucks freely.  He certainly had a bunch of'em.  I recognized his absence and wondered what had become of him.  Sorry to hear of his passing. 

Jim was around 80 and had a stroke a couple years ago.  His health had been dwindling ever since, but he wasn't ill with anything.  It was just his time and he went in his sleep.   

41 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Jim was around 80 and had a stroke a couple years ago.  His health had been dwindling ever since, but he wasn't ill with anything.  It was just his time and he went in his sleep.   

Wow.......I knew he was up there. Glad he went peacefully, super glad you got to see him recently. Jeep on!

RIP Jim. Sorry as well to hear about his passing. Like NHMJXJ above stated, Jim was a major contributor to the club when I first joined. His comments were always witty and I know he was an avid collector of MJs! I remember last I heard he was wanting to sell some of them off and some members were going to take a trip out to his place. Rest easy Sir. It was enjoyable reading some of your comments to others dilemmas!

It was always a goal of mine to make it out there one day and meet another diehard Jeep lover. He seemed like a helluva guy.
I hope to pulling transmissions well into my 70s too.
RIP Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk