Replaced thermostat, water pump

New A/C compressors with lines

ELECTRICAL/IGNITION

Mostly Stock

Replaced Coil, Sparks, Cable, Distributor

Replaced/refreshed Grounding Cables, Battery, Terminals

SUSPENSION/STEERING
Stock – This is next on the list to be refreshed 

Considering a conservative lift but like the factory look and feel at the moment 

INTERIOR

All Stock with the addition of a custom cup holder.  

Cassette tape changes from James Taylor to Guns’n’Roses depending on how she’s feeling.

New ACC carpet

Welded a couple of pin holes and put Por15 on floor boards

Combination of Noico and Second Skin for sound deadening

New door seals

Driver side window regulator replaced

New heater core / ac evap

Instrument panel upgraded

New hood release cable

BRAKES

Upgraded to 95 XJ Booster

Replaced MJ portioning valve with 98 XJ valve

New Drums with hardware

New Parking brake cables

Built new Brake lines in rear

New solenoids   

LIGHTING

Mostly Stock 

Added fog light harness

Marchal 750 lights

Cargo Light dash housing to land the switches

Replace license plate lights with led

Restored original interior lights

Restored tail lights

Replaced all front lights and markers

EXTERIOR

Repainted to original color

Decals restored

Vinyl replaced (damn Mopar – see thread)

Restored Bumpers and end caps

New bumper guards

Repainted all front trim pieces to argent silver

Replace windshield

Replace aluminum windshield trim to rubber

New License plate holder

New door handles

WHEELS AND TIRES
Restored some turbines

Restored center caps

NOS mud flaps

BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A 

MISC

Installed @krustyballer16 hitch and rollbar mounts

Some @cruiser54 tips completed

Factory roll bar

Busted knuckles, good shirts with oil stains, a few #@#C$%! and a whole lot of passion. 

Remember That One Time?... Tell Us Your Best MJ Story

Well I think my most memorable story is also my most painful story.  I was in the process of pulling my transfer case to replace the chain.  Even with PB Blaster the crossbar bolts were giving me a problem.  I had jacked up the car a bit to support the transmission and found myself laying sideways under the truck using a breaker bar to remove the bolts.  I know I lll take some grief for this next part.  I was pulling the breaker towards me when it actually broke the nut loose.  This sent the breaker bar into my mouth snapping a tooth in half on the bottom and chipping another.  If that wasn’t painful enough, when I gasped the air hit the live nerve in my tooth.  I can deal with a lot of pain but tooth pain is not one of them.  It was amazing how quickly I felt sick and weak at the knees. I had to put my tongue over my broken tooth to prevent air from hitting it.  Once I made it up the stairs, it was comedy hour trying to explain what happened to my wife while keep pressure on my tooth with my tongue.  She first thought I was having a heart attack.  Do you know that not only does she make fun of me for this today, but she also deducted the repair work cost out of my Comanche fund…that’s all kinds of wrong!

CC is Awesome!... Why Do You Think So?

CC is Awesome!  I think that engaging and sharing stories with other people that have a similar passion is a huge part of why I enjoy CC.  It is a centralized hub to explore the technical, innovative, and operating initiatives of one of the best trucks in the world.  Every time I login, I feel like I have only scratched the surface of information available on the site.  Big shout out to the admins and contributions over the decades that have supported this effort to keep it relative.  

DDD15018-8B11-4191-B858-35D7615D7E4B.jpeg.b11079ccadd9f1d8744c19ab39391a34.jpeg77B8B1EE-7A99-4C14-8CB1-5B9427650E75.jpeg.eb206aafba23ac04a49f1d0eccbaa8f7.jpegDE9B1624-6945-49F1-9520-CA06CE4DC732.jpeg.a62dcc1590e0a54692e0b5885a8e17c2.jpegD5483BB0-FF1B-4AE5-887E-FF3449523053.jpeg.d5b7268758c6267896e0bcf424ce2680.jpegCFF69A1B-0E0A-40CB-B57A-84417C18CA2D.jpeg.c4d717c5e1ceebcc06cc184a0052efb1.jpeg37343E43-A48D-4638-8A17-8DB5184B78BC.jpeg.8a7ac3eda839d3027331ea701af3ae72.jpeg7C0088D9-3903-4496-960F-E248BAEF4950.jpeg.3c08d28e8faba2911f4693af2810fe0f.jpeg96462F6F-E52D-49A9-BD37-47642B9C6396.jpeg.ea00a0b5fc92d20dd42bb24431eb7d06.jpeg76EBD627-0A04-44C1-9726-BEC28C671EAC.jpeg.02f515e70e2a7b4bee8443ddade03b68.jpeg35A6AB33-209E-4175-B3B6-26299443AAAE.jpeg.bd238339c54eeaac19d7cf7c00dff0bf.jpeg

Congrats @GritHound, you’ve built a beautiful truck!

:bowdown:

Here we have a textbook example of a tastefully restored truck, but with some upgrades done under the hood to make it more reliable and enjoyable. This is exactly what I like to see, and from a new member to boot. Nicely done.

I wonder how many states have a CC member that is using the "MANCHE" vanity plate for their state. I bet it's at least half :))

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Related to the title I once thought of doing some concepts of what an MJ would look like with the DeLoreans time traveling parts but never actually drew such.

That would be cool. The MJ is silver and he calls it a time machine. I couldn’t help myself. 

38 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

Gullwing doors and a flux capacitor in the bed!

Exactly!! Also it could fit behind the bench seat or buckets too and you could still have the rear window louver like the DeLorean. 

41 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

That would be cool. The MJ is silver and he calls it a time machine. I couldn’t help myself. 

Oh I know and I'm glad you took advantage of the reference.

I'm most impressed with the effort and time guys put into the restoration process more so than the vehicles themselves. It's insane even just gathering the parts and paying others to do the work. Rock crawlers can trash all they want. I see each is own, respect all, and see both sides. Building anything however is just limited to pockets, skills, and imagination. You guys have to make it work 1 way and 1 way only. It'll be a much bigger task each 1 that gets restored. I'm curious to see actual time spent total in things like this. I hope guys start taking note especially as more time passes and more parts disappear. Amazing truck!

On 7/29/2020 at 8:53 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Exactly!! Also it could fit behind the bench seat or buckets too and you could still have the rear window louver like the DeLorean. 

Oh I know and I'm glad you took advantage of the reference.

Hmm.  I didn't see a Back to the Future write-up in DIY Projects.  I may have to start one... now I just need to figure out how to get this truck to 88 mph.  :)

On 7/29/2020 at 9:47 PM, saveevryjp1998 said:

I'm most impressed with the effort and time guys put into the restoration process more so than the vehicles themselves. It's insane even just gathering the parts and paying others to do the work. Rock crawlers can trash all they want. I see each is own, respect all, and see both sides. Building anything however is just limited to pockets, skills, and imagination. You guys have to make it work 1 way and 1 way only. It'll be a much bigger task each 1 that gets restored. I'm curious to see actual time spent total in things like this. I hope guys start taking note especially as more time passes and more parts disappear. Amazing truck!

Thanks for the recognition of effort and time spent.  I agree, good parts are starting to get scarce.  I didn't really track time because it was more of a fun learning experience for me to do all my own work.  I enjoy a more stock look and feel personally but may go full blown lifted 4x4 on my next build. :)    I love to see the builds driven by passion.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...