whacha get under the tree?

Pete M

apparently I must have muttered something about the failings of the kid's backpack I'm using as a tool bag since my folks got me a real tool backpack!  :D  Nothing crazy, just an AWP from Lowes, but it has a bright inside and a hard shelled place for my glasses!  Just imagine, now my tools aren't just a pile of pointy things in the bottom of a deep dark bag!  :banana: 

but even better, I received some art from my eldest nephew of a Comanche.  :comanche:  Not sure why it appears to be flying into the sun, but the details matter not. :D 

s-l16004.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

20191225_202752.jpg

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

apparently I must have muttered something about the failings of the kid's backpack I'm using as a tool bag since my folks got me a real tool backpack!  :D  Nothing crazy, just an AWP from Lowes, but it has a bright inside and a hard shelled place for my glasses!  Just imagine, now my tools aren't just a pile of pointy things in the bottom of a deep dark bag!  :banana: 

but even better, I received some art from my eldest nephew of a Comanche.  :comanche:  Not sure why it appears to be flying into the sun, but the details matter not. :D 

s-l16004.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

20191225_202752.jpg

Too funny pete my wife got me the husky version for trips to the junkyard! And that picture is awesome!

20191226_000922.jpg

20191226_000927.jpg

10 hours ago, 87MJTIM said:

Quickjack 5000. 

Thanks Costco 

image.jpg

I'll be interested to hear how you like it. I've been eyeing onealog with a million other things. 

I picked up tools. One I'm most excited about is the portaband conversion from Swag for the band saw. 

Also decided to get a hobart 210 with some of my bonus from work. Now to just get some 220v ran and start building. 

50 minutes ago, Smokeyyank said:

I'll be interested to hear how you like it. I've been eyeing one along with a million other things. 

Brown Santa delivered it early.  I set it up and played with it some - lifted my CJ off the ground.  I will use it this weekend to change the oil in several low profile cars - Subaru Legacy for one.  Probably won't get to really test it until spring, when the outside temp warms up.

The real Santa delivered the truck adapter kit.

I bought myself a Fein Slugger dry cut saw. :laugh:

Otherwise it's the usual, some socks and other clothes, nice shaving kit, a book, and some new towels.  I'm bad for buying everything I want or need, same with the rest of my family, so meaningful/useful gifts are a struggle.

I got my nephew a Thomas and friends "Super Cruiser" since I gave him the "Super Station" for his birthday.  He's the only person in my entire family that's actually easy to buy gifts for. :roflmao:

18 hours ago, Pete M said:

my folks got me a real tool backpack!  :D  Nothing crazy, just an AWP from Lowes Just imagine, now my tools aren't just a pile of pointy things in the bottom of a deep dark bag!  :banana: 

20191225_202752.jpg

Lol! Can’t tell you how many times I have stabbed my hands diggin in the o’tool bag. I just got a backpack tool bag and have no idea why I waited so long. A must have!

The kids got talent Pete 👍🏻

Finally got a box to hold most of my tools in one spot. I was so tired of looking for things and they were right where I looked twice. I still haven't finished my garage but I hope to put a big dent in it this week. I will have 16 days off this holiday but I had some other projects to do.

20191230_110842.jpg

I did not get any presents from family*, but I did get to be the aunt that spoils the nephews.  So I got big smiles from them!

*I did get a gift from a close and supportive friend who I really should return the favor to.

7 minutes ago, Alexia said:

I did not get any presents from family*, but I did get to be the aunt that spoils the nephews.  So I got big smiles from them!

*I did get a gift from a close and supportive friend who I really should return the favor to.

I take electric lime LJs as Christmas presents if you want...😉

Parents got me some nice camo bibs and jacket for hunting. I wasn't able to get out this year but looking forward to some quality time innawoods next year.

I turned 30 a few weeks ago, so I'm at the age where I buy what I want, and anything I haven't bought yet is too expensive to ask for as a gift. I told my parents I'd like to stop doing big presents and maybe do a $20 cap going forward. My parents like gifts because neither of when grew up financially well-off, so they like being able to buy gifts for holidays but I want to simplify it for all of us.

My mom always gets me some neat kitchen tools like interesting whisks, veggie choppers, etc. and I enjoy getting and using those.