December 2019-The Sleigh Santa Wanted-eaglescout526’s 1988 (Little Red Wagon)

89 MJ

Sorry for the late one this month, but here it is!

December 2019-The Sleigh Santa Wanted-eaglescout526’s 1988 (Little Red Wagon)

YEAR/MODEL ● 1988 Comanche Pioneer. 

Equipped with mostly factory equipment and has been kept stock with a touch of personalization.

IMG_6861.jpg.d212d2bdc76440b7890260540ab1ec19.jpg

IMG_6862.jpg.65ba5a59245ef0331e12563e47146d17.jpg

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE ● 150 CID 2.5L TBI Renix. Factory with "American Air dealer installed AC" setup, cruise control and power steering. AMC logo hard plastic valve cover is on too. No C101 delete.

KMDA7299.JPG.246f5da70c73fcd490ece5d46bb96397.JPG

DRIVETRAIN ● 5-speed Aisin AX5 trans. Second trans.

COOLING ● Factory standard cooling with OEM radiator and water pump.

ELECTRICAL/IGNITION ● Renix Factory ICM and distributor with Mopar cap, rotor and wires. 

SUSPENSION/STEERING ● Factory suspension with JK shocks on the front and rear. Factory steering set up.IMG_6330.JPG.d4502b6d16b38ac21a173da39c43b026.JPGIMG_E6320.JPG.de5cd1f15dba5dcc21d9a3daaed39316.JPG

INTERIOR ● Factory charcoal color interior panels with custom tweed headliner and door panels, Full '87 Blue Face Cluster, charcoal bench seat with Native American design blanket as a seat cover, 3-spoke leather wrapped sport type steering wheel, Renix era horn button, black with silver dash bezel and vents, custom charcoal dashmat with Comanche stitched in on the glove box fabric and chrome trim are around the handles and arm rests. All panels except dash have been repainted to their factory color.

IMG_6860.JPG.ff5de4c8c8d4ececbf6987a53086a631.JPG

IMG_6668.JPG.b2e205c05c40c991d9dd2b8a2f2b0208.JPG

QDUN7228.JPG.7bc129e848d94be432fa397fe3e67e3e.JPG

BRAKES ● Factory front discs and rear drums with operational height sensing valve. Operational factory E-brake.

LIGHTING ● Factory lamps all around(with recommended headlight harness), cargo light and NOS fog lamps from Sears and Roebuck. LED light strip under hood that's hooked up to a factory rocker switch and a factory under hood retractable lamp. Factory style replacement Euramtec dome lights, courtesy lights, ash tray light and cigar lighter trim ring light are installed for the interior lighting. 

EXTERIOR ● Factory Colorado Red BE paint with Pioneer package trim level with factory running boards, factory remote control mirrors, AMC Jeep mud flaps, rear FEY bumper with factory front bumper, 21 slot grill for 80's Jeep awesomness, factory bed mat and tailgate liner with chrome wrap over and a AMC Jeep front plate with Renix plate mount to distinguish from the Mopars. 4 pane sliding rear window and cargo light. Mopar wheel locks are on the wheels to deter theft. Spare tire carrier is a GM carrier with the OEM carrier used as brackets to hold the GM carrier in place. 

WHEELS/TIRES ● Jeep five spoke rim with "Jeep" engraved. Toyo Extensas A/S 215/75R15 tires with white walls.

MISCELLANEOUS ● Club is used, driving gloves and hat are equipped on driver when driving. For now she has a Pioneer stereo head and four speaker but will get a factory one RX-141. Intermittent wipers are equipped. To be equipped in the near future are a OEM vanity mirror, RX-141 radio, tow hooks and front skid plate.

Remember That One Time?... Tell Us Your Best MJ Story ● I swear I have the most boring time in Little Red, so i’ll share some experiences. One time I was driving home on the freeway and the trans exploded from all the poly bushings vibrations. Then another MJ owner saw me pulled over and stopped to chat and told me to hop on here. Still don't know who that member is to this day. 

One time I was driving home and an XJ owner pulled up and gave me a thumbs up of approval.  

Another time I was driving home from my grandparents and a guy in a Mercedes rolled down his window and chatted about my truck and his 86 XJ till the light changed.

My favorite story though is when Pirate and I finally met up and hung out at AMC salvage. Pulling parts and teaching him how to do some basic things. That was a real fun day we had, talkin Jeeps and hanging out. 

IMG_6601.jpg.895f599879d88ef1fa4b308f54fcbb63.jpg

Me on the left and Pirate on the right with Graham Cracker.(Old picture, duh)

We also met up at Jeep Jam and our MJ's stole the show, that was awesome!

CC is Awsome!... Tell us why● This club is pretty awesome! Probably unlike any other car club out there. We all have knowledge and trucks to share, jokes and stories to tell by the fire and coveted NOS parts to treasure. If I hadn't known about the clubs existence by using search terms with "Comanche" in them, I would have probably not had Little Red for as long as I have. I appreciate all of you and could very well consider you guys family away from family as this place makes everyone feel welcome, no matter how simple or difficult the question we all may have. That's why CC is awesome!

Build Thread here:

I would also like to extend a huge thank you to @eaglescout526 for all of the work he has done with the NOS parts that he lists for sale and all of the help he has done with the registry!

Have a Happy Holiday and New Year!

Edit:

WE NOW HAS PICS WITH NEW GRAPHICS!!!!

B1B2CD53-C144-49AD-B5C0-5FEBC9D2D057.jpeg.f28f723b30ebe55d0ba4a2d283bf7cb7.jpegA691E9FB-1262-41B2-8EC3-CC51D8BA89F7.jpeg.7e79b5026947fb0657a97c5c79d25506.jpegB41529B2-9D29-44D6-B0AF-478581E805E0.jpeg.3c638fcc96f196c2dfaf3b350a5fa065.jpeg

I might need to get some stripes for mine now...

Thank you guys. Its been hell of a journey and a learning experience! From sitting in a back yard rotting away and being beat up to how I would have custom ordered her from an AMC dealer. If it wasn't for this club, I don't know where she would be now. Maybe not running. I think Pete said once that you are truly never finished with these trucks and he is right, there are still more things for me to do and add.

I enjoy aiding in the knowledge and locating NOS parts for y'all, its pretty exciting and fun hunting down those parts.

Have a great holiday season everyone! Stay tuned for the Pioneer decals!

9 hours ago, Fernando87mj said:

Awesome :D , I’ve been watching his thread for updates. Glad to see that beauty back together !!! Well deserved :L:

8 hours ago, Pete M said:

I'm a sucker for a stocker and that is one gorgeous example!   :D  

:bowdown:

7 hours ago, JMO413 said:

Congratulations! That is one beautiful truck and you have done amazing work!

7 hours ago, NHMJXJ said:

Happy for you eaglescout and your contributions to CC.com are greatly appreciated!  

6 hours ago, jdog said:

Congratulations l, was hoping to see you get this. Always enjoy reading your truck updates.

Stock 1988 swb 4.0 ax15 np 231.

6 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

Congratulations, well deserved.

33 minutes ago, buxmj said:

Great job and congrats on mjotm!

Thank you guys again! I am glad all of you enjoy reading my build and watching the progression over the year. I still regret not joining and posting up from when I first got her.

7 hours ago, Pirate_Staz said:

WHOO!!! ya finally made it!!! If anyone deserves it it's you, you care so much about your truck and put so much effort into keeping it stock it's crazy. (A good crazy)

Lol, sometimes its the bad kind of crazy, guys at work give me crap for being an AMC fan but they do like seeing her everyday in her stock fashion. Couple of techs remember working at AMC dealers which is cool!

13 minutes ago, MJCARENA said:

Congratulations. Was nice meeting you the other day. That's a good looking truck, and I love that grill.

It was nice meeting you the other day as well! I look forward to future meet ups with you and pirate hopefully at that car show we spoke about! And thank you, I still haven't sat down and got that plate installed yet but I will soon!

On 12/15/2019 at 5:54 PM, Drahcir495 said:

Congratulations on making the MJOTM! You’re a valuable member of this community :beerchug:

Thank you and I really appreciate that!

But I can't leave out the fact JMO helped me with the registry as well, it wasn't all me, I just spearheaded the idea. JMO if you see this I thank you for you help. Took me a little bit to remember to thank you as well. I just got a little caught up in this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Just now, eaglescout526 said:

Lol. Your secret is safe with me. 

There's just something about a fully accessorized MJ that is awesome to me. An aluminium topper would totally complete the look in my mind.

1 minute ago, 89 MJ said:

There's just something about a fully accessorized MJ that is awesome to me. An aluminium topper would totally complete the look in my mind.

Ultimately building her how I would’ve went and ordered her had I been around that time. The thought has crossed my mind a few times about a topper.